S2000 owner, just picked up 2008 MS3 for DD!

seanserino

:
s2k
Hey everyone,

I just purchased a 2008 White MS3 (trade-in at a Mitsu dealer), 1 owner (who was previously on these forums, been trying to get in touch with him), ~33k miles, some mods (Greddy Ti-C cat back, Cobb SRI, Rota wheels, H&R springs, possibly sway bars, HKS BOV, aftermarket motor mounts, turbo inlet pipe (?). The car has the Touring package and Navi.

I pick the car up tonight and I'm very excited! I don't plan on modding it too much. Going to either switch or powder coat the wheels (not a huge fan of black wheels, though they look great and are growing on me.) Probably cheaper coilovers, Cobb Access Port, Downpipe, and possibly test/race pipe, and that will be all. I've never had a hatch before, so I've excited for the space/usability of it.

I was daily-ing a 2005 TSX, which was passed on to my dad (he needed a new car).

I also have a Suzuka blue 2004 S2000, which is quickly becoming an all out track car. It has a "few" mods:D

Comptech supercharged, ~7psi
Berk header
Berk 70mm HFC,
Invidia Q300 70mm dual exhaust
Rota Torques
Hard dog roll bar
and a lot of other stuff

I just picked up a set of Bride Zeta III seats for it, and will be installing 6pt harnesses for the track in spring time. Also have new/wider/lighter wheels and better track orientated coilovers planned for spring, along with a bunch of smaller upgrades. Car makes ~315whp :) I really want to run high boost and get it tuned for ~380whp, but 315whp is fine for me now, haha.

Very excited to be picking up the MS3 tonight. I will mod it slightly beyond where it is currently, but not much. The S2000 is where most of my car money will be going. I'll probably bring the MS3 to at least 1 track event next summer, just to try it out, but the s2000 is my main track vehicle.

9.jpg

(not my photo, found on this site posted by original owner)

S2000
Last event at Thunderbolt on October

Little peak into the engine bay, had just replaced my brakes

Very very cool. But you could easily catch up to your s2k's 315whp with the mods you're doing to your ms3, so it may feel just as fast

Granted, the s2k would be a better track car, but on an open road id bet the ms3 would be faster top end

Sweet garage!

Thanks! Yup, I imagine the MS3 is going to be faster in a straight line after the Cobb AP, especially with all that torque. The S2000 is definitely a better track platform though.

Last edited:
thats an awesome little ms3 you picked up. i like the black and white theme! the s2000 looks nice too

I ran with you at Thunderbolt back in Oct. I think I have video of you on the track too. It was an awesome weekend!!

Nice! I remember seeing a grey MS3 there! Yea that was definitely a fun weekend. Hopefully I'll see you at more track events next summer. Do you usually go to PCA-RTR events?

I remember that speed, was one of the determining factors for when I got my Rota SVN's (btw, those are 18x8.5" +48 Rota SVN's in time attack theme). I loved his car :( Those wheels are perfect on that car, I wouldn't change them. I'd tint the wheels and lower it more, though. Congrats on the car, and very nice S2k.

Nice! I remember seeing a grey MS3 there! Yea that was definitely a fun weekend. Hopefully I'll see you at more track events next summer. Do you usually go to PCA-RTR events?

No, I don't normally do RTR events. But I will most likely do Thunderbolt again next year. My brother is the treasurer for the RTR club and he runs the full schedule so I came out to run the charity event with him. I may do Pocono next year as I here it's going to be a great event.

Nice pickup! I actually owned an S2k at the same time I had my MS3. Such a great mix of vehicles to own simultaneously. Both extremely fun, and both as DIFFERENT as could be in the way they drive and the way they deliver power.

I LOVED the torque from the MS3, and absolutely adored the tracking and gearbox on the S2k. My Corvette gearbox doesn't even touch the S2ks!

Latest posts

Back