Rx8 r3 or g35 coupe

Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track with Power Axel reflash or 3.8 grand touring.

:p

test drove a black rx8 r3 yesterday. it was a very smooth ride and i love the seats. the dealer wanted 27 OTD. i do like the car i just dont want black. i am going to look at a blue one this weekend. so we will see what happens. thanks for all the good info

oh sorry forgot to mention i am going to look at a g35 later in the week not the exact model i want but i want to go test drive it sorry again for leaving it out

If you do not plan on putting the car through it's paces, I would steer clear of the RX-8. It's a very nice ride but the powertrain at low rpm is awfully edgy and uncomfortable. It's just not the type of sports car that you can comfortably use as an every day car if needed. Good luck with your choice!

looked at the g35. i like the interior and also how it drove. dislikes: the orange guage lights, the way the car seamed heavy when i drove it and the very small trunk but it did have a full size spare tire unlike the 8. but i ran into a delay the other day i layed my cbr 1000rr down. the right side is damaged pretty good. i had very small scatches on my hand, elbow and knew. Now i am waiting for it to get fixed which will take about 2 months since the insurance company is paying for it.

looked at the g35. i like the interior and also how it drove. dislikes: the orange guage lights, the way the car seamed heavy when i drove it and the very small trunk but it did have a full size spare tire unlike the 8. but i ran into a delay the other day i layed my cbr 1000rr down. the right side is damaged pretty good. i had very small scatches on my hand, elbow and knew. Now i am waiting for it to get fixed which will take about 2 months since the insurance company is paying for it.

Sorry to hear about the bike. FYI there is a spare tire option for the 8, but it creates the same problem as what you pointed out for the G35, namely it makes the usable space in the trunk much smaller.

i know about the spare for the rx8. i am still debating if i wait a brand new with no miles rx8 r3 for 25k or a used g35 loaded with 30-40k miles for the same price. i like the really like the look of the g35 but i love the back doors on the rx8. as for the trunk and rear seats i want a car where if i had to put children in a child car seat in the back i could and be able to put a umbrella stroller in the back. if anyone has experience with this please chime in. i see this is a popular topic with 800 views. thanks for the looks and the good info from everyone

i really like the look of the g35 but i love the back doors on the rx8. as for the trunk and rear seats i want a car where if i had to put children in a child car seat in the back i could and be able to put a umbrella stroller in the back. if anyone has experience with this please chime in. i see this is a popular topic with 800 views. thanks for the looks and the good info from everyone

Married with 2 kids here (5 and 12 years old) so I have done car seat plus umbrella stroller thing. They will both fit easilly. Regarding car seats, you can make just about anything short of a rear facing infant seat fit without too much trouble, and when you get to a booster seat (like I have now) you just have to be mindful of how wide the seat bottom is (narrow buckets in back, can be fixed with a small pillow). I don't have the spare tire option, but I can't remember the last time I put a spare on a car. Tires are pretty good these days and I would just get the tire repaired/rerplaced right away anyway.

G35 FTW... RX-8 gets a whole 18mpg and not near as quick as the G35...

True, but the G35 is just a fancy altima coupe with a big engine and it handles like a truck compared to the 8.

If you are looking for milage and striatline speed there are many cars out there that are far better than the G35.

Last edited:
I was in the same boat...have two kids and a wife. My kids are still very young and my brother has a G35. I have a hard time getting the kids strapped in there when we go for a ride. That is the main reason why I chose the RX8. Also the suspension is more livable on the RX8. The only downside, which has been mentioned is the fuel economy. I get at best 14-16 mpg on daily driving. But hey...its a sports car that can hold the family easily...you have to compromise somewhere.

I actually think the interior of the RX8 is better too especially for the family...for example, the back of the front driver and passenger seats are a solid sheet of plastic. Looks cool but also has a purpose...easy to clean when the kids bring in their dirty shoes from the snow or rain. The center console has two cup holders for the kids within easy reach.

And last but not least, the RX8 looks like a work of art. When you have the basic model, it looks good but when you add even the most basic body kits and rims...people are going to stair all day long...

rather get g35 350z s2000
S2000 and 350z are 2 seat cars and not even being considered by the OP. I would suggest you should read the OP before you post.

FYI, this is one of the OP's recent posts.
as for the trunk and rear seats i want a car where if i had to put children in a child car seat in the back i could and be able to put a umbrella stroller in the back. If anyone has experience with this please chime in.

At least this stuff is on the correct topic, even if it is misleading and biased by your own bonehead experience.
dont get rx8
rx8 = gas waster, no power, engine is fail!
As long as you don't do this,
so expensive! spent $4400 for engine rebuild
i ****** it up! forgot to oil change for 4000 miles, Rotors got damaged
haha
No Maintenance = Fail!
If you maintain the engine properly it will run like a top.

lol buildabond the funny sh*t. i do like the camero but it has to be a ss ...i found out today that the insurance company is totaling the bike. i am considering keeping the msp3 for a little bit longer. but lately i have been looking at a used audi a5 or the new ft-86 from toyota. let me now what you think?

Another thing you should consider would be how long you plan on keeping the car. If you think you'll be done with it in 5 years or less, the RX8 would be the better choice just because of driving pleasure and you'll be under warranty the whole time you have it. If you want something reliable for the long run, go G35.

dont get rx8
rather get g35 350z s2000
rx8 = gas waster,no power,engine is fail!
only handling

Saying that the RX-8 only has handling is like saying a supermodel only has her exterior appearance...

The RX-8 is the best-handling car with a real rear seat.

i know about the spare for the rx8. i am still debating if i wait a brand new with no miles rx8 r3 for 25k or a used g35 loaded with 30-40k miles for the same price. i like the really like the look of the g35 but i love the back doors on the rx8. as for the trunk and rear seats i want a car where if i had to put children in a child car seat in the back i could and be able to put a umbrella stroller in the back. if anyone has experience with this please chime in. i see this is a popular topic with 800 views. thanks for the looks and the good info from everyone

This is what I like about the 8. The insurance companies recognizes this as a 4dr sedan (which saves you some cash). As far as back seats go, I do fit my 4 year old with a pretty big child seat. It is very convenient gettting him in and out of the seat.

If you do test drive the R3, just be sure that you'd rev it high and take some pretty descent corners if possible to enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back