Rust after 15 months

radiohead

Yesterday, I noticed though the spring dirt accumulated on my silver Mazda 5, rust all along the passenger side sliding door and read panel. It's spread all over not just in one place.

My 2008 is one of the first 2008 in Canada. (Purchased in 2007, took delivery in January 2008).

Anyone else noticed rust after only 15 months?

Coincidentally, in the last 15 months, I had the muffler replaced, the heater blower replaced and something between the driver seat and the floor that kept squeaking every time the car accelerated or braked under normal conditions.

I think I got the first car built on a Monday morning after a good party weekend.

No, nothing like that here. Sorry to hear that. Take it to the dealer, they should fix all of it at no cost to you

lol, I'm sure yours came off right before mine. Monday, 8AM, everybody at Hiroshima was hungover and didn't care... (rofl)

Must be rail dust rusting. Had this after the 1st year. Just use clay bar dont even let the dealer lay a hand on it or you'll be seeing it again.

Radiohead: Could you post pics? With any luck it's something imbedded in the paint, easily removed by clying per wmzda5.

One of the reasons that I steered clear of a Honda Ridgeline was evidence of odd, premature rusting-- as the trucks sit there on the lot!

+1

Must be rail dust rusting. Had this after the 1st year. Just use clay bar dont even let the dealer lay a hand on it or you'll be seeing it again.

Yeah if it's specs and it's down on the lower half of the car it's either rail dust or metal particles from the brakes. Claybar will clear that right up. Had the same thing on my silver paint.

it happens on all cars regardless of color. its just more noticeable on white because of the color contrast.

It's supposed to rain here until Thursday but I'll post a picture once the sun comes out again.

When people are referring to "Clay Bar" or Claying, are they referring to this product? http:
//www.squidoo.com/claybardetailing

Thanks for the input. I'll post photos as soon as the weather cooperates.

Radiohead: Could you post pics? With any luck it's something imbedded in the paint, easily removed by clying per wmzda5.

One of the reasons that I steered clear of a Honda Ridgeline was evidence of odd, premature rusting-- as the trucks sit there on the lot!

Latest posts

Back