Rolling Fender Question?

PRO5.REL

:
MAZDA PROTEGE5
I recently got my rims on and gettting my fenders prep for spacers...but i know i have to roll my fenders now but how did you guys roll your fenders LMK!

sub

I would like to know to as i need this done since i rub in the rear with people in the back and i would not like to ruin the paint when i roll mine.

Fender roller is preferred. I have one and I love it. If you dont mind forking over the 250 bucks for one its a great tool to have. Good way to make some extra cash on the side.

I know a bunch of people who have used a heat gun and a wooden baseball bat/towel combo. Turns out great every time, but I would suggest using a REAL roller or have a shop do it.

I have a fender roller you could "rent"... If you're interested, i could ship it to you, you use it, and return it to me. I would want $40 and a deposit to cover the cost of a replacement if anything is damaged. You would also be responsible for s&h charges both ways.

there's also a ton of online places tht do the same thing as what he^ is trying to do

but I used a hammer and just pounded that s*** it, my brother used a fender roller and if you compard the two, you would see a huge difference
his fenders are rolled FLAT, like its one piece of metal, mine are up at and angle, can def tell the difference when you look at it

i think i might ask a body shop to do it or rent the roller from a local shop . wouldnt want to pay shipping. do you think autozone , pep boys , discount or some place like that would have this tool to rent ?

I would strongly recommend a good fender roller as well. I used the baseball bat approach on my P5 and took my time with a heat gun and it still looks like crap. We had a fender rolling party at my house last spring and I re-did them and they are much better now. My buddy rolled his fenders at the party with a fender roller/heat gun we rented and they came out perfect.

IMO, do it right the first time so you don't crack your paint and it doesn't rust up like mine. Best of luck, mate.

I doubt AutoZone would have one to rent out... never been to a Pep Boys though...

how far out can you roll the rears? i want to do a 18x9.5+20 so that thing will be sticking out like crazy. Im not looking to tuck the rims but i want it to get close to flushness. Just in case I cant get it remotely close (talking like anything higher than a half inch poking out) Has any one tried/seen universal over fenders on the p5?

i want to do a 18x9.5+20 so that thing will be sticking out like crazy.

Holy crap. May I ask why? Are you doing it for looks or for traction issues? I honestly don't see how those wheels would even fit on a P5 with stock fenders unless you do some serious modding to your fenders, suspension and stretch your tires. Not saying that it's impossible though.

Holy crap. May I ask why? Are you doing it for looks or for traction issues? I honestly don't see how those wheels would even fit on a P5 with stock fenders unless you do some serious modding to your fenders, suspension and stretch your tires. Not saying that it's impossible though.

Lol its for looks, the front rims will be 18x8+35 or +48 so that should be ok with a pull but the rims i want for the rear only come in 18x9.5+20. I dont want to lower it to the point my wheels are in the wheel well, I want to be able to fit a cell phone ( about quarter inch) between the tire and fender. so i wanted to just fender pull to have it huddle over most of the rim so its not to exposed to the elements. So it possible to pull the rear that much or close to it? if not i was thinking of riveting in a overfender

Last edited:
Back