ROLL CALL: Speed 3 in AZ

Chris
2008 Mazdaspeed3 Cosmic Blue (Sport)
Scottsdale

I have seen quite a few other speed3s in the area lately... any of you guys?

Chris
2008 Mazdaspeed3 Cosmic Blue (Sport)
Scottsdale

I have seen quite a few other speed3s in the area lately... any of you guys?

Congrats on your new speed.

The locals are doing a dyno day next month at UMS tuning. You are more than welcome to attend.

AZMC Dyno Day - Saturday, February 16th

Thanks for the invite, what day is it going to be?

http://www.azmazdaclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3491

The 2008 AZMC Dyno Day, which will be held at UMS Tuning in Mesa/Tempe on Saturday, February 16th from 10:30am until 5:30pm.
UMS Tuning has a DynaPack dynomometer, which is very different from the DynoJet we used last year. It actually bolts onto your car instead of the drive wheels and is much more safe, much more accurate and much easier to set up for each car.
Best of all - you can dyno your four-wheel drive car!
The cost per car is a bit higher, but UMS is a first class operation and Tony (the owner/operator) is not only a really nice guy, but it chock full of years of experience tuning imports. His high-horsepower Evo was featured in the same Modified Magazine as MazdaManiac's RX-8.

The cost per car will be $60 for 2WD and $90 for 4WD. Each car will receive 3 to 6 runs (as compared to one or two that one typically gets at events like this), depending on how much cool-down you want and whether or not you intend to do any tweaking of the tune. Tony will be available to help with that as will I. If any of the other tuning-oriented folks in the club are interested, there are a LOT of possibilities here.

We will also be BBQ-ing outside, I'm looking into having some other entertainment (electronic gaming) and the shop is FULL of high-powered Porsche to ogle at.

If you are interested in doing this, please put your name on the list, RSVP to the calendar and PayPal your fee to the AZMC PayPal account.

UMS Tuning is located at:

1716 W Broadway Rd
Suite # 115-117
Mesa AZ 85202

MAP

Great, thanks for the info... looks like I need to register on azmazdaclub! I am definitely interested, just need to verify I am going to be in town that weekend.

What is the schedule for the day exactly? 20 people dynoing in a 7 hours seems like a bit of a stretch.

Great, thanks for the info... looks like I need to register on azmazdaclub! I am definitely interested, just need to verify I am going to be in town that weekend.

What is the schedule for the day exactly? 20 people dynoing in a 7 hours seems like a bit of a stretch.

Not everybody is going to dyno. There is going to be two dyno's available.

We are having our club meeting along with a BBQ. So its more than just a dyno day.

Sounds like a sweet deal then.

I'll RSVP as soon as I know if I'll be in town. Thanks!

just so its known, the dynopack and the dynojet produce nearly identical numbers... ;) :)

08.5 mazdaspeed 3 sport [stock]
crystal white
queencreek,az

i know this tread is old,but what the hell

not to get off topic, but a few months back i ran across a speed 3 on the northern part of the 101, i was driving my blue 03 cobra, i made a run with a speed 3 and then a street pass, was that anyone that posts here?

not to get off topic, but a few months back i ran across a speed 3 on the northern part of the 101, i was driving my blue 03 cobra, i made a run with a speed 3 and then a street pass, was that anyone that posts here?

That may have been me, I vaguely remember a blue cobra on the 101, then again there are lots of blue cobras!

That may have been me, I vaguely remember a blue cobra on the 101, then again there are lots of blue cobras!

Not many like Tony's Cobra.

HEre are just a few.

2003-Ford-Mustang-SVT-Cobra-7587.jpg

2003-Ford-Mustang-SVT-Cobra-6754.jpg

2003-Ford-Mustang-SVT-Cobra-7654.jpg

2003-Ford-Mustang-SVT-Cobra-3204.jpg

2003-Ford-Mustang-SVT-Cobra-8097.jpg

Back