Rishie's Scion xA

ARD MP5

Contributor
Hey guys,

I know I don't have a P5 anymore, we went thru a lot with that car. But i did still get a 5 door vehicle. This time we chose a Scion xA because of the wealth of products available for it in Japan. Unlike the P5 we can find nearly anything we want for this car.

As a brief rundown, here's what we have done to the car. All bolt in, all relatively easy to order in the states.

1. Full Fabulous Aerokit, FB, SS, RB, Grille, Hood Wing, and Rear Wing. I have the eyeliners but not painted as yet. Fabulous Fog Lights.

2. Converted to 5 Lug for more wheel selection
3. 18x8.5 +20 and +10 wheels, now that's a wheel fitment.
AME Shallen CX in Black decor. Stretched 215/40/18 Falkens.

4. Air Runner, air ride suspension
5. Blitz Intake, Supercharger, and Exhaust
6. DC Headers, TRD Cost wayyy too much
7. Bride Brix Gen 1 seats, Black
8. Samco Radiator Hoses
9. Endless 6Pot Mini Brakes in Gold decor.
10. Basic I.C.E. 10" JL, 5 channel and the AVIC D1. Done. STill can fold the seats down and take use of my mini wagon to its fullest.

Let me know what you guys think. We placed first in the mild Scion class at HIN San Jose last weekend. I'll also include a few pics of our Project RX8 also sporting some AME wheels, the Circlar R in BBF finish.

Thanks, Rishie

IMG_6748_Medium.sized.jpg

IMG_6749_Medium.sized.jpg

Here's the AutoRnD/Endless/AME RX8.

Mods:
1. Zeal Function X 30 way adj coilovers
2. Endless 6pot mini brakes
3. AutoRnD Two Piece Rotors (coming soon) Front and rear
4. 19x9 and 19x10 AME Circlar R, 245/35/19 and 275/30/19
5. Agency Power Adj Sway bars and Endlinks front and rear
6. Mazdaspeed Strut Bars front and rear
7. AEM CAI intake polished
8. Espelir Dual Exhaust
9. FULL MAZDASPEED AERO, Urethane Winning Blue. NO WING, WIngless Wonder.

I think that's it. Just the basic boltons. These are both daily drivers. This photo taken at the Mazda booth HIN San Jose as well.

IMG_6787_Medium.sized.jpg

Thanks, Rishie

Definitely agree that my P5 could outpower and out handle this xA no doubt.

This is actually STOCK BODY, NO WIDEBODY. It is definitely VIP. That was the objective. Still need to get some 3 deg camber shims for the rear and i'll be good to go.

Thanks Kool for your positive remarks. LOL!!!!

Hey, I like it! I think it looks good. I almost bought one over the Protege 5 but when I went to look at the xA's on my local Toyota dealership's website, I saw this little used yellow wagon. Little did I know I was going to end up with a Mazda instead of a Toyota but I'm very happy! :) Keep up the nice work! If I bought one I planned on making it look something like this:

ist_f.jpg

Last edited:
ARD MP5 said:
Definitely agree that my P5 could outpower and out handle this xA no doubt.

This is actually STOCK BODY, NO WIDEBODY. It is definitely VIP. That was the objective. Still need to get some 3 deg camber shims for the rear and i'll be good to go.

Thanks Kool for your positive remarks. LOL!!!!
Really? I didnt think xA's were that wide...some retarded negative camber and you'll be set. (thumb)

Why the hell did people talk about P5's in this thread?

Ok just to make you guys feel better. I'm still crazy Mazda dude at heart. I still have like 7 Mazdas. lolz. 4 FC's, RX8, Miata, and 93 Probe GT. hehe, eh it's a Mazda.

But to reflect back on my P5:

SSR GT1: First nice set on the P5. Me looking and admiring the P5 beauty.
normal_MP5-18-SSR-GT1.jpg

Volk LE37T in ACTION.
normal_ARD%20MP5.jpg

Gram light 57 F Pros
normal_DSC00001.JPG

Work Meisters and da boost.
normal_ProtegeFest%25202004%2520%2891%29.jpg

Not to mention all the Rotas and other wheels i've run on this car.

Ok so no P5 bashing. I been there, you guys know that. hehe.

Ya you can run like 9" wide wheels on the back of a xA or xB, it's nutzzz. And super low offset compared to our cars so MORE LIP.

Hey thanks bro. WE definitely try hard. We got a lot of other stuff in the works like a Renesis Powered FC3S, with the likes of the RE-A FC2K. Working on a 5.0L supercharged FC and a LS1 FC as well. We've got a GTUs stock motor, SAFC II, ported intake manifolds and full exhaust, hoping for 170whp all motor.

Lastly, in the Nissan Realm we have a RPS13 with an experimental powerplant, can't say yet, a S13 Widebody Coupe, and a S14 Zenki. We've been slaving for the past few years to try and find time outside of work to complete these vehicles for different types of racing. Primarily, autox, drift, and roadracing/time attack.

We should finish all these vehicles and use 2006 to shake em down and get them dialed in to compete heavily in 2007.

I like it..theres an Xa at work I eye on occasion....Too bad I know its uber slow.

Dude it rides wayyy good. I only had it on for like two days now. But for one it handles way better than i expected and rides way better than i expected.

It is the air runner setup. Goes for about 3k.

My xA isn't that slow. I have a Twin Screw Blitz Supercharger on it. Car only weighs 2300lbs. It's like a frikin miata bro.

ARD MP5 said:
Dude it rides wayyy good. I only had it on for like two days now. But for one it handles way better than i expected and rides way better than i expected.

It is the air runner setup. Goes for about 3k.

My xA isn't that slow. I have a Twin Screw Blitz Supercharger on it. Car only weighs 2300lbs. It's like a frikin miata bro.

Nice! Can a stock XA take that offset? If you dont mind me asking, how much have you dumped into it. I am thinking of getting me one as a daily driver.

I don't like Scions "." But I will say I like that color and the setup...It looks a lot more substantial than a stock xA. The stance is right for VIP but you need some more deep dish rim action and a bit of - camber to get that VIP impact :D

There is no doubt about Rishie's Mazda cred...He's been around and on this forum since the early days! Thanks for sharing all those pics and updates with us! (2thumbs)

You guys need shirts. (poke)

... my sister has an xA. Great value for the $$$.

Yes a stock xA can take that setup. I haven't rolled my fenders yet, but it would be a good idea to do so. A lot depends on your suspension. We're definitely gonna get some camber going on.

Rishie

Back