Rim color advice! (pics)

Bloke

hey guys as some of you know i have a Black MP5, and am looking into getting some rims. Rota Battles to be procise. my question to you is, looking at the color selection below, & that my car is Black, what color would you chose. i have narrowed it down to either Gunmetal (steel gray as per rota) or the Bronze.
urbanimport_1702_373586.jpg

I thought i was dead set on the Gunmetal color, But then i saw this Black WRX wagon on I-club and it really got me liking the bronze! let me know what you think of the color & rim combination on a black car! (and if you think they'll look ok on my Protege5 )
side.jpg

cheers
Bloke

i prefer the gunmetal ones myself, but the bronze are sweet too...i just don't know mate

I would go with silver, closer match to Mazda emblems, unless you painted them black, so I would go with the darkest as possible, bronze I guess. It's you car anyway.

I would go with the gold ones, even if they are not in your original choices. I like when there is some contrast between the wheels and the body color. IMO, bronze or gunmetal would look better on a light color car like white or silver.

Bloke.....from your location I take it you are in Mass? at least you are in the U.S. now....anyway....I have good news and bad news...

The good news is that those wheels are SERIOUSLY SWEET....on YOUR car I would get bronze, steel gray, silver...that would be the order of preference for me if my car was black....

now the bad news....the Rota Battles are not currently available in the U.S. in the proper offset for the P-5.

I know this because I am going to be getting a set of Rota Battles for MY p-5 when they are...Rishie has been in contact with Rota and they are going to start importing them soon but have not started to yet.....they will be available in a couple of months though....give Rishie a ring....he will be able to hook you up.

Rishie of ARD

Automotive R & D
1626 Pomona Ave.
San Jose, CA. 95110
408-947-0505

Not meaning to be an ass but don't trust that too much SirNuke, JayDM.com sells Rota Battles in the US with a 45+ and 48+ offset, each for their size, is more than enough offset even with a 2" drop, I'm sure Rishie will disagree and pull the BS about having fitted them on P5's and finding otherwise, but I've also had first-hand accounts of RIshie selling used merchandise, misleading on details, and saying crap doesn't fit merely because he doesn't sell it - then offering rims he does happen to sell that will fit (which end up having the same width, size, and offset as the rims he said wont fit.) Just thought you should know, my apologies for stepping on toes.

actually i think white will looks good on black p5(i got black too)
because i think since our car is black and we wanna stand out our new rims....white match black car will have a good contrast...=P...this is just my personal opinion

Definitely gunmetal. I'm getting gunmetal rims too, when the budget allows of course. Bronze is nice but nothing beats gunmetal on black. Think of a Stealth fighter on wheels, especially at night......

Back