Review: TWM Shifter/Bushings DaBears2k Custom Shift Boot

I got my shifter directly from TWM. Great service was uber fast and shipped right. ALthough it was shipped with out the STS install instructions. Thank goodness it was on their website.

Install was not hard at all. All in all including doing the shiftboot took me less than 2 hours. Would have been even less if I didn't have to walk in to get the next steps from my PC. They recommend a helper for two steps of the install but it is not necessary. I did it by myself. The hardest part to me was getting the cig lighter plate out. Just took oomph. I thought I was going to break it.

The shifter itself I believe 250 is kinda steep. But it is top notch regardless. You gotta pay to play. Actually looks like a higher quality unit then the stock shifter. Shifts are much more direct and precise. More F-body(Hurst w/ lous short stick) now and less stock BMW feel. You can definitely tell a difference. And shifting effort has barely increased from the shorter stick.

As far as aftermarket STS from stock improvements, I would put it in the middle of the pack when compared to the rest of the cars I have done. Still worthwhile, just steep.

As far as the shiftboot.....Let's say I was less than enthused when I got it. The geometry of the boot was off when compared to the stocker and the opening of the knob was way big compared to the stock. Nearly an inch of extra material. A member from another forum recommended a way to ahere it, and I followed his recommendation. I glued the seams down first then folded the flaps flat down after. It turned out pretty good, but if I were to do it over I would have searched else where for a more direct fit. The leather is top grain however, and the stitches are top notch. Just wish there wasn't so much extra material. As a result some glue leaked out and got on the boot. Very little. BUt I will try to remove tomorrow.

Pics will be up tomorrow.

pix and a vid

Edit damn this camera makes my car look dusty.

ShifterBoot004-1.jpg

ShifterBoot003-1.jpg

ShifterBoot002-1.jpg

ShifterBoot001-1.jpg

Back