Retaining clips for headlights

planefreak

:
Mazda, Protege5
Hi, I'm new to Mazda and the P5 but I have to say it is definitely the best car I've ever owned. But after taking it for a drive the other night I noticed that the headlights were off. Just the low beam and not high beam. Next day, I went to unplug the headlight and investigate and realized that the retaining clips on both driver and passenger headlights were gone. So what do i do now? Is there somewhere I can order them or am I stuck looking for broken headlight assemblies in junkyards for the next 10 years?

thanks, Travis

First let me say welcome and congrats....the P5 is a good car and a blast to drive as you may alreday know. lol

Secondly, I'll be the bearer of bad news and tell you that you cannot buy just the clip from the dealer (it comes with the entire assembly). Start a WTB thread in the Protege section and scour the f/s threads. I know I have seen a couple of P5 part out threads...the lights themselves may not be salvageable but you may be able to get those clips.

I already called the dealer and found that out. That really sucks... That's kind of what I thought the news would be. Thanks for your quick reply and the P5 is a blast to drive. Way more fun from my CRX

Back