reset ecu: what now?

SocialStealth

:
2002 Mazda Protege ES, 120k miles
Well my negative terminal was completely covered in blue discharge, so I disconnected it and cleaned it off. Figured I'd pump the brakes to reset the ECU while it was off. I just changed the oil, bled the brakes, replaced all of the calipers, and put new front brakes on.

I think I remember reading on the custom stock intake mod that you should reset the ECU and drive the car hard or something. Well I didn't do that mod but...

How should I drive the car to achieve:
#1 reliability (whatevers best for the car)
#2 gas mileage
(i don't care about being able to go fast.)

should I drive the car hard or drive softly like I normally do (I accelerate extremely slowly, shift at 2.5, roll to stops (barely ever use the brakes), and I don't go over 40 mph.)

Well my negative terminal was completely covered in blue discharge, so I disconnected it and cleaned it off. Figured I'd pump the brakes to reset the ECU while it was off. I just changed the oil, bled the brakes, replaced all of the calipers, and put new front brakes on.

I think I remember reading on the custom stock intake mod that you should reset the ECU and drive the car hard or something. Well I didn't do that mod but...

How should I drive the car to achieve:
#1 reliability (whatevers best for the car)
#2 gas mileage
(i don't care about being able to go fast.)

should I drive the car hard or drive softly like I normally do (I accelerate extremely slowly, shift at 2.5, roll to stops (barely ever use the brakes), and I don't go over 40 mph.)

Just drive the car normally for 30 or 40 miles and the car will relearn its drive settings.

Back