Request to call Mazda Corp: For Live Traffic

Yeah exactly, and Mazda should do something about this. We should be able to trust Mazda on what they're advertising on their vehicles. At first I didn't think much about this thread and this issue, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how unacceptable it is. Just imagine if all companies started doing this. It's not even a complicated, advanced feature either. Just give us Android Auto and than will leave you alone.

And to top it - they have HD traffic, it's receiving the updates. Why the BLOODY FU$K can't they project those updates into the navigation screen itself so that it works? No - you have to go out of navigation, into home page, then some other icon and from there another sub-menu which will give a giant diagram showing traffic. Its simply put - lazy, lazy implementation. Yes - HD traffic is NOT great, but at least something is better than nothing.
They have XM antenna. They can't even provide a software which allows the XM traffic to be projected into the navigation. I am willing to pay the $3.99 per month also. But no: no such software capability.

And to top it - they have HD traffic, it's receiving the updates. Why the BLOODY FU$K can't they project those updates into the navigation screen itself so that it works? No - you have to go out of navigation, into home page, then some other icon and from there another sub-menu which will give a giant diagram showing traffic. Its simply put - lazy, lazy implementation. Yes - HD traffic is NOT great, but at least something is better than nothing.
They have XM antenna. They can't even provide a software which allows the XM traffic to be projected into the navigation. I am willing to pay the $3.99 per month also. But no: no such software capability.

Yeah the HD Traffic is nice, I'll take it, but it is not reliable at all. Actually it's a joke lol I just open up google maps when I need serious updates. It is a lazy implentation. You can tell it was just a last minute add on to say they offer "traffic". Too bad it's not in the form they advertised. I paid for the XM subscription in my previous car for the traffic update. It was nice, but eventually gave it up. It only did highways, and not even every highway. It was fairly accurate though. Just not enough coverage to justify. Was still better than the HD Radio traffic though.

Rather curious as to why no one bothered to test this "Live Traffic" feature during their, well, test drive of the vehicle?
After all the well documented merde with the Infotainment unit & iPod/Phone integration in the earlier CX-5 releases.....

Because I had no reason to question Mazda's truthfulness and check if each and every listed feature actually existed and performed satisfactorily. I could also have tested the heated seats, the heating system and the outside mirror defroster system, but I figured it would not make much sense when I bought the car in July. Retrospectively, I regret to not have done it because I might have ended up buying something else.

Because I had no reason to question Mazda's truthfulness and check if each and every listed feature actually existed and performed satisfactorily. I could also have tested the heated seats, the heating system and the outside mirror defroster system, but I figured it would not make much sense when I bought the car in July. Retrospectively, I regret to not have done it because I might have ended up buying something else.

LOL - exactly!! Then someone here also commented on giving up few things for drivability experience. On similar lines - excellent handling, fast acceleration, blah-blah a total ZOOM ZOOM package but without power windows, without auto-lock thru a key fob, etc., etc. I wonder: how would all the touted ZOOM ZOOM look then? There are some basic amenities included and then there are some add-ons. If you have navigation then bloody well give the ability to include traffic in an INTEGRATED fashion. Just like if you're giving doors - you need to give power windows in current world. Especially when someone is footing a +32k for the car! Consumers don't question it - as its assumed.

Request to call mazda corp: For live traffic

LOL - exactly!! Then someone here also commented on giving up few things for drivability experience. On similar lines - excellent handling, fast acceleration, blah-blah a total ZOOM ZOOM package but without power windows, without auto-lock thru a key fob, etc., etc. I wonder: how would all the touted ZOOM ZOOM look then? There are some basic amenities included and then there are some add-ons. If you have navigation then bloody well give the ability to include traffic in an INTEGRATED fashion. Just like if you're giving doors - you need to give power windows in current world. Especially when someone is footing a +32k for the car! Consumers don't question it - as its assumed.
Well said from both of you! :) But I still like our CX-5 with all the deficiencies unless my oil consumption is getting close to 1 quart per 2,000 miles, or the AWD system blows up like Unobtanium's...

Well said from both of you! :) But I still like our CX-5 with all the deficiencies unless my oil consumption is getting close to 1 quart per 2,000 miles, or the AWD system blows up like Unobtanium's...

LOL - I too love the car but hate the miser nature of Mazda USA. Pennies saved here and there, rather foolishly I'd venture to say.

If you had done your research on this forum ( or other online sources) you would have realized that is not the case e.g. the iPod integration.
Now IMHO, all the advantages of the CX-5 far outweigh the disadvantages.

Yeah the HD Traffic is nice, I'll take it, but it is not reliable at all. Actually it's a joke lol I just open up google maps when I need serious updates. It is a lazy implentation. You can tell it was just a last minute add on to say they offer "traffic". Too bad it's not in the form they advertised. I paid for the XM subscription in my previous car for the traffic update. It was nice, but eventually gave it up. It only did highways, and not even every highway. It was fairly accurate though. Just not enough coverage to justify. Was still better than the HD Radio traffic though.

If the coverage was inadequate,according to your previous experiences, then what is the problem with Mazda leaving out the option then?

"Without power windows, auto-lock through a key fob, etc, etc" would have been preferable along with the automatic tranny.
Ever have a power window failure or forbid losing your computerized fob?

If the coverage was inadequate,according to your previous experiences, then what is the problem with Mazda leaving out the option then?

For me it was inadequate being that I take the same strip of highway each time I work, and I know how traffic flow works on that stretch of highway. Now, someone who travels, it could much more beneficial. Since generally if you're traveling a lot, you're most likely on highways. Now while it was slim in the quantity of roads having traffic displayed, the quality was rather good.

Complaints fall on deaf ears. In not so many words, the response I'm getting is, "We're never to offer this feature, get over it."

"Without power windows, auto-lock through a key fob, etc, etc" would have been preferable along with the automatic tranny.
Ever have a power window failure or forbid losing your computerized fob?

Ever got stuck in +$32,000 car for 1 hr. due to traffic which could have been avoided if the car had traffic data?

If you had done your research on this forum ( or other online sources) you would have realized that is not the case e.g. the iPod integration.
Now IMHO, all the advantages of the CX-5 far outweigh the disadvantages.

What you consider as advantages may not be the same for another person.

Assuming that said traffic data actually worked reliably. None of this crap works well, nor does Carplay or Android Auto if one were to research it extensively.

Ahh, lot's of strong opinions I guess.

For me, I was told by my dealer that the navigation system had live traffic updates (as we were going through the car), I read that it had live updates in the brochure, I had no reason to believe they were both incorrect. As far as "testing it" during my test drive, I like to avoid traffic, so I'm certainly not going to go seek it out during a test drive to verify the navigation has live updates. I don't believe anyone would. Really I was sold something that does not work as advertised (for whatever reason). I made my complaints about it as I believe I should as a consumer. I still like the car, I still like the brand and I understand "stuff happens". At this point it's not a critical failure and I've said my peace, so that's all I can do. Move on and zoom zoom.

There's nothing wrong with letting someone know that they've gotten something wrong with their product. I have clients who tell me when they don't like something I've done, and I think those are my best clients. They keep coming back not because I'm perfect, but because I listen to their desires and make sure I give them what they need wherever I can.

Last edited:
Ever got stuck in +$32,000 car for 1 hr. due to traffic which could have been avoided if the car had traffic data?

From my experiences, if the traffic snafu is that bad, no technical gadget will help. Of course relative to where you are to the crap. Besides if you're comfortable in your +32K car, who cares? Listen to some tunes and literally go with the flow...

What you consider as advantages may not be the same for another person.

Agreeing to disagree....

is there something special about a mid level priced vehicle stuck in traffic ?
sell it, move on

apologies to all others - but my troll-o-meter has been pinging since post 1 of 365 in the last month

Ahh, lot's of strong opinions I guess.

For me, I was told by my dealer that the navigation system had live traffic updates (as we were going through the car), I read that it had live updates in the brochure, I had no reason to believe they were both incorrect. As far as "testing it" during my test drive, I like to avoid traffic, so I'm certainly not going to go seek it out during a test drive to verify the navigation has live updates. I don't believe anyone would. Really I was sold something that does not work as advertised (for whatever reason). I made my complaints about it as I believe I should as a consumer. I still like the car, I still like the brand and I understand "stuff happens". At this point it's not a critical failure and I've said my peace, so that's all I can do. Move on and zoom zoom.

There's nothing wrong with letting someone know that they've gotten something wrong with their product. I have clients who tell me when they don't like something I've done, and I think those are my best clients. They keep coming back not because I'm perfect, but because I listen to their desires and make sure I give them what they need wherever I can.
+1

You guys don't get it?
The fact that it's not Live Traffic is not importantly to you is totally irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back