Replacement Gear Shift Knob

I just got my RAZO knob. It comes with some plastic inserts for different size threading (12, 10, 8) and is self-threading. It also has another plastic insert that allows you to have it sit higher. I tried the low way first, but it didn't catch enough threads. So I used the extension piece and it sits pretty high. I can't even get it to screw all the way down, and I'll probably have to add some washer under the boot at some point. The unit weighs 265g (I weighed it myself). I'm not yet familiar with how different weights feel, but I do know that the stock knob is 200g, and my delrin knob is around 100g. I mostly got this piece for looks, but if I decide I don't like the feel, then I still have my delrin knob.

Here are a couple of pictures:

IMG_20130621_151545.jpg

IMG_20130621_151557.jpg

And, by the way, I do plan on getting a custom shift boot from Redline down the road. I was going to go with black and perforated gray in an X pattern with blue piping and the Mazda symbol embroidered on. I think that should go well with the knob. Once I get the matching RAZO pedals, seats, and custom interior trim this thing will be rockin'! I'll get back to you guys in three or four years...

Just took it for a test drive and decided I like the RAZO knob a lot. The delrin one was tear-drop shaped, but was also a pretty big diameter. This one is probably about as tall as the stock knob, but a little smaller in diameter. I like the shape, too, as I seem to naturally want to grip the shifter from the side and my hand fits over this well. The additional height actually seems to be a positive for me. I'll probably just have to pick up the CS short shifter to compensate.

So, if anybody would like a short delrin knob, I'll probably be posting mine for $15 plus shipping soon. Same with my stock shift knob.

I like my Auger Resources knob. It's Delrin and a touch taller then some other shift knobs. I also thought the little 1x1 shift pattern plates were a cool touch, not many good places to stick the plate in the Two though. The knob itself fits great around the boot I enjoy it. Not a bad price, I think shipping was included.

http://www.augerresources.com/shiftknobs.php

I like my Auger Resources knob. It's Delrin and a touch taller then some other shift knobs. I also thought the little 1x1 shift pattern plates were a cool touch, not many good places to stick the plate in the Two though.

That's a comfy looking shift knob. I can't knock the inclusion of the pattern plates either: techs have had issues with my previous e30 and my subaru. I started drawing the pattern on a piece of tape for inspection once a year.

I have the shiny black voodoo ball knob and it looks great in my 2. I admit that the stock one is easier to shift, isn't slippery, and doesn't get hot.. so sometimes i use the black one for looks.. and i go with the stock one fo spirited driving and longer road trips.

20130903_150430_zps4cfc7737.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back