Rental car nightmares

PimpDaddyJ

:
Mazda Speed 2003
Well now that the msp is in the shop with a blown tranny, and I wont get it back for 3-8 weeks....I once again got a rental car. Last time i got a Mazda3, which was not bad at all...and was expecting something equivilant to that again...WRONG....got the 4 door sunfire..with am/fm radio, dented ass rim covers and scratched up paint. I talked to the dealership about getting a different/comparible car to mine, and they told me to talk to the rental car company and that it would have to be the same rental cost as the sunfire..... (jerkit) ...well sunfire will be carfetied orange tonight with type r badge..will post pictures at some point..anyone else have craptastic rentals given when their MSP was in the shop?

Well, it wasn't a "nightmare", but pretty ironic. I had my car in the body shop, using an independent rental company. I found it weird that they give me a 2003 Protege LX...automatic. If you ever have to drive one of these, it's a piece of s***! No power at all. Hell, my brother's 2004 Civic makes more power, and IT'S a pile of s***! (although it will probably still be running long after I'm dead)

Call me crazy, but I don't think you should be saying that in this forum... You probably just bashed about half the peoples cars here. Sorry we can't all afford or want to be in debt that much for the 'Speed version of the Protege's?

IT'S a pile of s***!
Take it back!

yeah really... bad choice in words there cheif... I have an 03 manual LX... and it doesnt take much to make it just as good if not better than a speed. Your car has the same engine.

Sorry, didn't mean to flame. Maybe I should have said something like "it's not quite as peppy as the 'Speed."

mspdfreak said:
Sorry, didn't mean to flame. Maybe I should have said something like "it's not quite as peppy as the 'Speed."
well you honestly could have said anything except "its a pile of s***" :)(enguard)

DeanSweet said:
Call me crazy, but I don't think you should be saying that in this forum... You probably just bashed about half the peoples cars here. Sorry we can't all afford or want to be in debt that much for the 'Speed version of the Protege's?

Take it back!
I was referring to the civic, there. He even upgraded to the 127hp engine. I almost got crushed the first time I drove it and tried to pass smeone on the freeway...no power. But, as I said, it will last much longer than the MSP, so I guess it's a trade-off.

I have had 2 cavaliers, a sentra, and a Protege Lx as loaner/rentals while my car has been in the shop......6 weeks of driving an automatic 1.8 sentra was not that bad but when i got my car back i almost killed myself on the drive home b.c i was used to mashing the pedel in the auto and i did it in my car and forgot it actually had some power lol

I haven't had any rentals yet with either of my Mazdas, I'll just take the complimentary ride instead. My mom however when she crashed her Grand Prix in 97, got an exact same car in blue..only problems where that it had a really bad engine that had trouble turning over in the cold, occassionally wouldn't shift gears at all(automatic too), and when we wondered what the smell was, we found all sorts of chicken bones, and a few pieces of fried chicken under the seats....yuck

Well I talked to the rental company about switching the car, they asked me what was wrong with the rental I had........they will now be switching the sunfire with a Honda civic , still going to make the car orange, still going to add a rediculous amount of decals, for those in Ontario, i may be in woodbridge on Friday evening in my Flashy Honda speed protoge...or Mazda Civic....hopefully i can make a cheap spoiler and other cheap addons within the next 48 hrs......I see nothing good comming from this

all is good, thank you for the clarification and apologies... (drinks)

I had a '99 civic epb Si a few years back and it didnt handle near as well as my P5 and sure didn't stick out in a crowd like my vivid yellow Pr5!

Back