Renewal of an old question

:
2006 Mazda5 Touring
Will a header built for a Mazda 3 fit a 5 of the same vintage? For example a Vibrant header for a 2006 3, being used on my 06 5. I was pretty sure that this was accepted practice a few years ago when i had an 07 5, but wanted to check again

Will a header built for a Mazda 3 fit a 5 of the same vintage? For example a Vibrant header for a 2006 3, being used on my 06 5. I was pretty sure that this was accepted practice a few years ago when i had an 07 5, but wanted to check again

Yes...

With exception of 2010 model year 3. It switched to the 2.5 motor while the 5 stayed with the 2.3.

Thats what I thought! Thanks man. Now that the main question is out of the way, I understand that the majority of the headers for the 3 eliminate the primary catalytic converter. I would just as soon keep the cat, and avoid the CEL and driveabilty issues. Was there ever a catted pipe commercialy available or did folks just get a high flow cat and DIY it? WV doesn't perform emission tests, so don't really care about that part of it, but don't want to start monkeying with the way the car has been programmed to run in regard to there being a catalytic converter. Also , are these headers designed to be bolted to the remainder of the stock exhaust system, or am i lookiing at more custom fabrication?

Thats what I thought! Thanks man. Now that the main question is out of the way, I understand that the majority of the headers for the 3 eliminate the primary catalytic converter. I would just as soon keep the cat, and avoid the CEL and driveabilty issues. Was there ever a catted pipe commercialy available or did folks just get a high flow cat and DIY it? WV doesn't perform emission tests, so don't really care about that part of it, but don't want to start monkeying with the way the car has been programmed to run in regard to there being a catalytic converter. Also , are these headers designed to be bolted to the remainder of the stock exhaust system, or am i lookiing at more custom fabrication?

IF there are no smog checks AND you don't mind pumping all sorts of noxious emissions out into the air you breathe, then you can get an O2 spacer to trick the ECM into thinking that there is a cat cleaning up the junk passing through the header.
Try here:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I would really rather keep the cat, rather than resort to an o2 sim, they can be a little hit or miss for reliable function. Will any header attach to the remaining stock exhaust, or will there need to be some fabricating?

Back