Removing panel below steering column

allenpg

I've searched for a post on this and maybe there is an answer archived somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Any specific directions on to remove the knee panel below the steering column in a P5? I imagine it's probably just clips, but I wanted to double check before trying to rip anything out. Thanks!

-Pete

If I recall right, Pull down from that lip right below the column first, it's kind of hinged from the bottom, if you get in there upside down, it'll become obvious. butyes, jsut giv eit a good tug to start things out...

yeah, hinged-ish at bottom. pull out the top sections first. good tugs win the rugs. or something.

All you need to do is follow Pretzel's Handy Dandy Panel Removal Technique:
1) Inspect panel
2) Do a "test tug" to check how the panel is attached
3) Pull like a motherf**ker
4) Inspect for damage

(rofl)

kinda like how i tore off the stock grille.

Matthew said:
Now you are ready to pull out the grille. The first time i pulled it out, i broke two pieces which really seem irrelevant, because i put the grille back on and i cant notice the difference with or without them.
howto2-plasticpiece.jpg
howto1-screws.jpg

also the first time i yanked it out, i swore up and down the damn grille was attached to the bumper...its NOT, but you have to give it a pretty damn good yank. your bumper is gonna seem like its coming with it, but it wont. be careful, but remember you have to give it some muscle.

get some tabs u gotta find all along the sides. look 4 them 4get how many had. i can't remember what i did, i think i took off the sides and part of the top then tugged at the bottom.

If you're talking about the U-shaped panel, it's not a big deal, just grab the bottom ends and pull slightly up and towards your body. It should just pop right off with a little bit of effort. Don't worry about breaking anything and it just pops right back into place.

Back