Remote Starter Question

CNF

:
CX9 GT
I have the factory installed remote starter, which works fine except for one little thing. When the car is running the heat/ac does not turn on until I turn the key to the on position. Once its in the on position the temp reading will illuminate in the center display area then I can feel the hot/cold blowing. This kind of defeats the purpose of having a remote starter. Has anyone experience this?

I have the factory installed remote starter, which works fine except for one little thing. When the car is running the heat/ac does not turn on until I turn the key to the on position. Once its in the on position the temp reading will illuminate in the center display area then I can feel the hot/cold blowing. This kind of defeats the purpose of having a remote starter. Has anyone experience this?

I'd have to check, but realistically the only time I use remote start is when it is really hot or really cold. When it is really cold, the auto climate control does not start to blow by the time the car times out because it is not warm enough. I believe the AC works with the remote start though.

Found something that sounds very much like your issue. Let me know if this nails it...

http://www.finishlineperformance.com/pdf/cx-9/bulletin/01-046-08-1963.pdf

I also have problem with my 2010 remote starter. It was working fine, now when I try to use it, it makes three short horn sounds and does not start. Anyone know if I am doing something wrong, or is it something with remote start. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

Yup, that's it. I had brought it in today for an oil change and had them check out the remote starter issue. They told me there's a service bulletin to replace a wire harness in my case. Thanks!

Glad that I was able to help...

This problem is caused by windshield wiper got stuck at on position when you start the engine remotely. It causes overload and blow out a fuse in remote start module.
Mine happened once and I just go to a shop, buy a small pack of that fuse and replace it.
Now I just make sure turn wiper off when I get off the car.

This problem is caused by windshield wiper got stuck at on position when you start the engine remotely. It causes overload and blow out a fuse in remote start module.
Mine happened once and I just go to a shop, buy a small pack of that fuse and replace it.
Now I just make sure turn wiper off when I get off the car.

Where is module located and where is the fuse to change?

Thanks,
Rob

Guys thank you so much for this information and the service bulletin. I was experiencing the same problem and wondered for a time if it was just me or didn't the car previously warm up without me having to turn the key.

Well I called up my local dealer and spoke with the service manager. She was great. After going over the diagnosis (I read the bulletin and spoke on the problem like a true auto expert) I brought my car in the following day. She called Mazda and had them honor the repairs to fix this issue, despite not having a warranty. No cost to me.

Shout out to Sita Goss, Service Manager of Ramsey Mazda in Ramsey, NJ.

Thanks guys.

I have had this issue since I bought the car and my dealer could not fix it at that time, and the only thing that pissed me off was that when they came up with this solution (I was out of warranty) and they just handed me the part, but would not offer to install it. I still have the part, thanks for the web site the manual is going to come in handy now. Let you know how it goes.

If you have part installed, you don't have to worry about blowing fuse again.
I already had my dealer installed this part.

Back