Refreshened Mazda5/Premacy now on Japanese website

If that orange one makes it to the US shores I'm getting one!!! *drools*

Not liking those taillights at all.

I see that the inboard armrest is in for the passenger side, but can't quite figure out from the interior shot how the storage bin has/hasn't been adapted to suit. It looks like a tight squeeze between the two armrests...

Hard to figure out how the NA centre row armrests will be, as the Japanese version has the foldaway 7th seat shown in these photos.

The front nosing looks better than it did on the spyshots, but the wheels are still a bit dubious.

I like the indicators on the wing mirrors though. Wonder if we'll be getting them?

just checking out the japan premacy page, and ran across a pic of a seat configuration very much like the "refresh" mode of the honda fit. Has that always been available on the mazda5?

A dealer told me that they would start production Jan 1st and they would arrive here 6 months later.....
I don't really believe him but I was wondering if you had more accurate info since my third son will arrive mid October
Thanks
Fabio

Mazda5 '08 N. American-spec production begins Oct.

With that timeframe, expect it to arrive at dealerships late-Dec to Jan

I like em.

Probably gonna cost a arm and a leg...

mazda5_premacy_1280_03.jpg

They'll probably ruin ours with red reflectors everywhere though, but I like the blackout effect. Would look REAL nice on a black 5. :D

mazda5_premacy_1280_02.jpg

They'll probably ruin ours with red reflectors everywhere though, but I like the blackout effect. Would look REAL nice on a black 5. :D

Not sure, but may be!
color_main11.jpg

Oh, pure envy talking here :D, I'll get used to those taillights if I get one, I'm sure. Been talking to wife to get a new transport next year and interestingly enough when we discuss the requirements it comes back to another Mazda5. Freaky as it sounds having 2 of the same cars, yet it meets the family carrier goals (i.e. having car seats in both cars is a must), handles like a car and is not a pure soccer mom carrier IMO, so I don't mind driving another one at all...

Oh well, let's see... (drive2)

So.... can we assume the side mouldings are gone for the US market too? If so I'm ripping mine off!!!! Never liked the look anyways. Much cleaner (yet dent prone) without them.

PS: Glad I got that CX-7/MS3 antenna... looks like I was ahead of the curve on that one.

2 extra points won by Mazda design FWIW: if you are not getting the fog lights the front bumper "sockets" are no longer visible as part of the design. Those taillights, again making noise :(... We'll get used to them LOL. And as benfolio said, let's also wait for the safety NA red reflectors being fitted in there...

grade_20cs.jpg

Last edited:
i so want that gearbox and the lil shift buttons D:
ohwell, and that 6+1 seems neat lol. oh and i still like the current grill over that.

Darn... I REALLY wish I would've waited for an '08 <-- (INSERT SARCASM HERE) (boom03)

New features would've been nice, but the only appearance item I see that's better are the gauges. The taillights and wheels are puke city... good concepts that were excessively overdone. Mazda has so many sexy features on the 3, Speed6, RX-8... then they find a way to fugly up the 5.

Oh well, rant done :)

no mention of a manual transmission in the japanese specs. only the 5 spd AT is listed under the 2.3 motor. Does this mean the manual is out the door for the US?? If so the '08 just fell off my list of potential cars and I'll have to somehow find an 07 touring... pretty soon it'll be impossible to get a manual transmission in the states....

Back