recently purchased a 2010 CX-9 GT

jonesthewine

:
2010 CX-9 GT FWD
Hello All,

The CX-9 is our new family vehicle...purchased after considering other vehicles from Toyota and Honda. Other vehicles in my driveway atre a 2007 Civic Si Sedan (my daily ride) and a 2003 Caravan SXT (now the workhorse for my wife's catering business).

Loving the new ride, it handles very well for a 4,500 pound beast; the engine had adequate power and it is very well appointed inside.

Both the engine oil and ATF have been changed over to Amsoil synthetic fluids...the right diet from an early age is the best medicine.

Looking forward to many years and a couple of hundred thousand miles from the new ride...and to reading about other owner's experiences with the same vehicle.

Usually it is better to use dino oil for the first few thousand miles as a break in oil before switching to synthetics. Of course that varies as Mercedes starts off with synthetics but in typical applications you would want the intial wear in to be done with before switching to synthetics. Maybe that is more important with diesels but I've seen the same advice for gas.

Usually it is better to use dino oil for the first few thousand miles as a break in oil before switching to synthetics. Of course that varies as Mercedes starts off with synthetics but in typical applications you would want the intial wear in to be done with before switching to synthetics. Maybe that is more important with diesels but I've seen the same advice for gas.

Thanks, but given that 'Vettes, Vipers, Bentleys, AMG and so many other cars come from the factory with synthetics, I am more comfortable switching out from mineral to synthetics immediately. Besides, wear still happens with synthetics, just at a slower rate. And, the smaller and identically sized molecules of synthetics move over each other more smoothly and they don't shear apart under tight tolerances (e.g. engine bearings), leaving behind glazing, deposits and sludge like mineral oils will do.

Latest posts

Back