Rear spoiler

ARL

I am a new 5 owner, and a new poster here. I wanted to get a 5 but had to get a manual, so I ended up with a Sport model with almost no options.

It looks real plain compared to a GT model, so I am looking into buying the accessory, color-matched rear spoiler. I am wondering about installation.

Has anyone installed one of these on your own personal 5? Is it easy, or is the dealer going to have to do it? How about the side skirts?

Thanks for any experience with this that can be passed on.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:
06_Mazda5_RearRoofSpoiler.jpg

Welcome, I am in the same situation with new 08 Sport w/manual. I am thinking of adding the color matched side skirts first. I believe they bolt/screw on in existing holes that are plugged when not used. I will take a closer look and let you know what I find. For me, I think the skirts make the bigger visual difference and may skip the spoiler.

That's odd. I've got a 5-speed GT.

I am Canadian, so your model numbers may be different.

On the underside of the rocker panels, there are plastic plugs. My guess is that the side sills have holes that line up with the holes covered by the plugs and new press-fit fasteners snap the sills into place. The front splash guards fit in the same manner.

US Models:

Base model = Sport: manual or auto, no sills, no rear spoiler
Mid level = Touring: auto only, w/sills and rear spoiler and some convenience features like CD Changer, sunroof, fog lights,
Top Level = Grand Touring: Touring plus: xenon headlights, bluetooth, leather seats,

I believe the instructions come with it. Call the place that sells it.

I am a new 5 owner, and a new poster here. I wanted to get a 5 but had to get a manual, so I ended up with a Sport model with almost no options.

It looks real plain compared to a GT model, so I am looking into buying the accessory, color-matched rear spoiler. I am wondering about installation.

Has anyone installed one of these on your own personal 5? Is it easy, or is the dealer going to have to do it? How about the side skirts?

Thanks for any experience with this that can be passed on.

mine is installed *after* i purchaed the car. rear spoiler and side sills
but they were *done* by the delaer..

by the looks of it.. rear spoiler are attached by adhesive (but i am not 100% sure)..

for side sills.. guy who did it did not do perfect job.. the left one is bit loose so i had to use my tools to tighten up the other day..

Thanks dreamym5. What was the fastener that you used to tighten the skirt? I'm trying to not order these from my dealer and install them myself.

Thanks dreamym5. What was the fastener that you used to tighten the skirt? I'm trying to not order these from my dealer and install them myself.

they use *special* clips to hold side sills..by the look of it.. it is not just regular bolt and nuts... i wish i could help you but as i mentioned before.. it was *free* gift from dealer.. they ordered them and installed them..i just had to put a screw to prevent from rattling(left side sill)

i am sure.. it shouldn't be hard/bad to install by yourself..

Back