Rear Speaker Wire Colors

07LiquidCX7

:
2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport Pckg
Anyone install a sub amp on the CX-7 yet using a Line Out Converter (LOC)? I will be doing this next week and need to know the colors of the 2 rear speaker wires. LOL if no one knows I might have to go buy an aftermarket wiring harness for the car and then return it after I know the wire colors. ;)

I tested all the speaker output wires from the headunit with a battery. This is the standard 4 speaker headunit. Not cd-changer, I don't know if the cd-changer has a different output, I would assume not.

This is the example of the stock p5 head unit
pin%20out%20for%20p5.bmp

The pin 9-13 are different, with a few more added in, I did not test those.
1-8 are the speakers

Pin 1&2
Right Front white/black -
Right Front grey/black +

Pin 3&4
Left Front white/red -
Left Front grey/red +

Pin 5&6
Left Rear white/purple -
Left Rear white/grey +

Pin 7&8
Right Rear white -
Right Rear grey +

The positive/negatives are educated guesses using similar mazda wiring harness diagrams. I assume these to be correct. I did not test to see if the speaker cone moved forward or away like crutchfield says to do though. They sound fine to me the way its wired, so I don't know what the difference is if the polarity is reversed.

Also, I have not tested an aftermarket wiring harness, but the channel outputs are different than say, a Protege 5. So if there is a "standard" Mazda wiring harness that supposedly covers X through X model years, the channel outputs would be incorrect. For example, the standard pin-out for a Protege 5 pin 1 & 2 is Right Rear, but on the CX-7 pin 1 & 2 is Right Front.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. If you got it tested with the batt. then they should be correct. Plus you would have noticed with the speakers.

OK now I just need a remote wire off the factory head unit? Is there one? I really don't want to hook up my amp to a switch and flick it on and off manually.

I don't know which one is the remote, but if all else fails you can splice one of the speaker wires and run it back to the amp as a remote wire. It should have enough of a signal to turn the amp on whenever the headunit is turned on.

Last edited:
I don't know which one is the remote, but if all else fails you can splice one of the speaker wires and run it back to the amp as a remote wire. It should have enough of a signal to turn the amp on whenever the headunit is turned on.

What about if I tap into the radio wire at the fuse box? That would have the same effect as the remote wire correct?

^CX-7's=LOVE... I will look behind the radio to see, but it would be nice if someone could confirm this so I wouldn't have to remove the dash in vain :) plz.

What about if I tap into the radio wire at the fuse box? That would have the same effect as the remote wire correct?

If we're talking improvisation here then really all you need to do is tap into any wire that only is hot whenever the car is ON or ACCESSORY and that sends enough of an electrical signal back to the amp to turn it on.

I mentioned splice a speaker wire because it would probably be the easiest way to do the above if you are already taking the headunit out without guessing other wires. If you aren't taking the headunit out or are trying not to. Then I know there is some sort of accessory power terminal/thingy in the fuse panel under the hood. This should work, although I'm not enough of an electrical person to give you any certainty.

Back