rear lower lip falling off!

Rally Ninja

:
MSP
Anybody know what tape to use or a more permanent way to keep the lip from sagging? It looks like the tape is not sticking to the lip itself anymore.

welcome to the msp! hahaha

i gorilla glued mine. just a small line all the way around and then used bungy cords and went from like tow-hook/exhaust/etc to places inside the trunk to hold the lip tight to the bumper for 20 minutes or so.

happened to me mid winter, partly cause of the snows assistance....i was told form anohter person on this forum its because your MSP exhaust heats up the tap around the ends, and it starts to let go....i picked up a 5 dollar roll from canadian tire (canadian general store for cars and other goodies) and re attached it after cleaning up, no problems since

easy fix :D

^your snow assistance is better than my mud assistance. I've got about 5lbs of mud in the rear bumper after this weekends rallycross.

I got the tape, now is there any easy way to get the old tape off? This is so tedious to take off.

^your snow assistance is better than my mud assistance. I've got about 5lbs of mud in the rear bumper after this weekends rallycross.

I got the tape, now is there any easy way to get the old tape off? This is so tedious to take off.

gorilla glue took me all of 3 minutes. probably 2.

3m citris based adhesive remover. Won't screw up your paint. I use it for getting off any kind of sticker/adhesive.

+1 for the heavy duty 3m tape. My front plate is held on by this stuff (going on 2 years).

All done! I gently used some go gone stuff and a plastic paint scrapper (very carefully). Found some 3m tape that looked like the one rush told me to get. This one was packaged for automotive trim use. Its about half the width of the other one so it worked well.

Couldn't get one of the side to stick right. Too big of a gap I guess. Oh well. I can live with it now.

i actually used a flat head screw driver witha pice of cloth at the end so it didnt scrape the paint off, but yea wasnt the easiest thing

what is this chemicals you speak of :p

pretty bad since i work at a car detailer place adn take stickersa nd glue off all the time haha

welcome to the msp! hahaha

i gorilla glued mine. just a small line all the way around and then used bungy cords and went from like tow-hook/exhaust/etc to places inside the trunk to hold the lip tight to the bumper for 20 minutes or so.

Just the left half of mine is sagging. Would it be best to pull it all the way off and re-attach?
Also, can gorilla glue damage paint?

Just the left half of mine is sagging. Would it be best to pull it all the way off and re-attach?
Also, can gorilla glue damage paint?

make sure you plastic screw is still attached if its just on one side. usually its the center back that falls of these cars. with the gorilla glue thing i didn't take it all the way off and i applied the glue to the black rubber strip that was on the bumper that was then adheased to the inside of the lip. so i didn't apply it directly to the paint and im not sure if that creates a problem or not. but my brother recommended it to me as he had done the same with his dodge truck many years ago and it stayed on until he sold it. so .... yeah.

Latest posts

Back