Rear Lip Fix

:
Mazda MP3
The thing is that when I bought my MP3 the previous owner cracked and scraped the rear lip and part of the front bumber (supposidly from backing into a rock?). Does anyone know what material the rear lip is made out of? I see a small part of the inside and it is white and kinda thick, I would maybe guess somekind of plastic. Also is it possible to fix, because I read that some front lips cant be fixed due to the material used? I attached a ms paint picture to give an idea of where the crack is.

If anyone knows where I can buy a used rear lip please let me know, since new are almost $300 plus paint. I will need to proboly have it repainted either way because even though the crack is small, the scratches are about 6 in. long. (The previous owner also had it attched in some places with screws for drywall (ughdance) )

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• rear lip.bmp
    460.3 KB · Views: 113
I repaired my lip using a flexible 2 part epoxy , the lip was hit with the ball from a trailer hitch . I got the product from Canadian tire ,any parts supplier should be able to get it for you . You can also use it to fill scratches , it is sandable as well

Thanks for the responses and sugestion.
I was concidering using epoxy as well, since I used it on the bumber from my previous car and it held strong with no problems. I'll probobly have to wait untill spring to get this fixed, maybe I can find one for sale on here before that. Does it attch with clips like the sideskirts or something different?

Back