Rear Ended ... Uuggghhh !!!!

ufunny2

Well... My new CX-7 is now a damaged CX-7... I got rear ended yesterday. You can actually see inside the back of the car with the hatch closed. I don't dare open the hatch because I am afraid it will not close again. 100_3628.JPG

100_3633.JPG(bike)

man... Im sorry... that looks bad.

hopefully no one got hurt. Did the other driver have insurance?

B1GHAM said:
man... Im sorry... that looks bad.

hopefully no one got hurt. Did the other driver have insurance?

As far as I know she had insurance. I have to go Monday to pick up my copy of the accident report. It was so cold and windy yesterday that the officer took our information and let us go so that we didn't cause another accident sitting in the road.

man that paint cracking like that makes me worry the paint job on these, that is not supposed to happen it should of stayed with the sheet metal.

She must have been too busy reading your tag. What kinda blue something did you get hit by?

mixmasterlove said:
Where r u in NY? I'm in Queens, I'll tell you the metal on this car is weak as hell !!!!!!!!!!! PM me

(rofl)

anyway... with the way the metal bent, Im not suprised that the paint cracked/chipped...

yes but by brother in law is a auto claims adjuster and I have seen wrecked cars you would not believe, that does not occur with most paints applied correctly that was total seperation from the primer. This display of paint seperation is not normal we need a body man to comment. The paint is garbage on these cars if it flakes like that. It should of moved with the sheet metal not broke off like that, its seperating from the primer you see the primer still on the sheet metal ????. end.

Last edited:
MITZA said:
yes but by brother in law is a auto claims adjuster and I have seen wrecked cars you would not believe, that does not occur with most paints applied correctly that was total seperation from the primer. This display of paint seperation is not normal we need a body man to comment. The paint is garbage on these cars if it flakes like that. It should of moved with the sheet metal not broke off like that, its seperating from the primer you see the primer still on the sheet metal ????. end.

Might that have something to do with the exceptionally cold weather we've been having here in the Northeast? I would think everything is a lot more brittle and subject to crack like that... not just car paint.

Juding by those pics, that impact looks powerful. That will crack paint. When the metal of the car bends/folds/and actually cracks the paint will break up.

my office does rear enders all the time, the paint isnt the big deal there. Just hope the rear framing of the truck is okay, looks like u may need a new lift gate at the minimum.

Sorry to see your rear end ending like that. Hope the rest is covered.
You may have to change your license plate to "unfunny2".

Really sorry, hope no one was hurt.

Darth Vader Greay GT AWD w/Tech Package

jeg0024 said:
She must have been too busy reading your tag. What kinda blue something did you get hit by?

It was an F150 pickup. The most damage was done by a towhook on the front bumper. It is what punctured the tailgate. The tailgate will not open at all. It is totally trashed. It will need to be replaced.
As far as the paint . I don't know anything about good paint or bad paint. It is shattered.

Weird how it folded up like that...weird how things happen. Sorry about the damage...as long as you are ok that's the important thing. It does stink....they will fix her up and she'll look like new again!

Man, i am really sorry about that s*** happening to you and your baby... :( Don't worry, i am soo used to getting rear ended, just about every 6 months i get rear ended by some dumb ass driver...

It's usually truck drivers that think that they own the road just cuz they have a big ass vehicle.. Why do truck drivers drive so stupidly... ya kno...

My car has been in the shop for about 3 weeks now cuz of some stupid truck driver... Still waiting to get her back tho..

Sorry again bro..

Peace,
RJ

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Ours was backed into by a AAA towtruck while getting worked on by the dealer (posted story here before). Best advice I can give is find the best repair man money can buy. Our guy was great, and very concerned to make sure that WE WERE HAPPY. Cannot say that about the towtruck company nor the dealership.

Back