Rear end vibration still.

Avidien, doesn't your inspection sticker expire at the end of the month. Today is the 28th. You have 3 days to pass. Did the inspection station tell you what it is?

Avidien, doesn't your inspection sticker expire at the end of the month. Today is the 28th. You have 3 days to pass. Did the inspection station tell you what it is?

They say keep driving , need to complete the drive cycles, I kept following this, and let me tell you it's not easy when there's traffic ! these drive cycles are so stupid, it's actually dangerous.... I'm out of town 8/30 to 8/31, so I got to get it right tomorrow otherwise I have to park off public streets and hide from traffic police until I can get the extension. The NYC traffic police are brutal, they are always looking for expired inspection stickers to meet their quotas.

Mazda drive cycle:

Pre-requisites: MIL off and no DTCs present (this is where clearing your codes comes in); fuel level between 15 and 85%; all accessories OFF; cold start (preferred 8 hour cold soak w/ engine between 68 and 86 deg F at start-up)

1) Start vehicle and idle 5 min.
2) Rev engine in neutral or park to 2300-2700 rpm for 15 seconds
3)Rev engine in neutral or park to 3800-4200 rpm for 15 seconds
4)Idle engine for 20 seconds with cooling fan stopped.
5)Accelerate to 52-55 mph, maintain speed (in high gear) for 1 1/2 minutes
6) Decelerate to 15 mph, and then drive for 13 minutes at speeds ranging from 15 to 35 mph
7) maintain steady 25 mph for 50 seconds.

Each step of the drive cycle indicates a test for a different monitor on the vehicle (catalyst, o2 sensor, evap, etc) so each step is important. Some vehicles are a pain and may require a few drive cycles.

Tell me about. Years ago when I had a ford tempo I had forgotten about the inspection and I got 2 tickets in a 12 hour period. I had to sneak out and bring the car to the gas station at 5am and wait for them to open.

I almost forgot did you disconnect the battery and is the pcm communicating properly with their equipment?

I almost forgot did you disconnect the battery and is the pcm communicating properly with their equipment?

yep, I disconnected and resetted all the monitors,

only getting the following data : mass airflow, short term fuel trim data, coolant temp.

I can't get evap, O2 sensors, heated O2 , fuel, catalytic sensors to set ?

I remember one year the computer asked the mechanic I used to go to perform a drive cycle and since he still had the dyon wheel he did it there and the computer instructed him what to do and the mazda passed. Too bad he retired.

Avidien, just wondering? did you ever get your car inspected?

nope, stupid emissions monitors still won't set, I think the PCM computer is messed up, now I have to leave it in my driveway so I don't get a ticket, using a relative's car in the meantime

I'm not going to pay any more money to fix, I've had enough of the constant PTU oil changes, jerking when shifting from R to D, and clunking every time it shifts from 5th to 4th gear.

I might just give up and trade it in and let the dealer deal with it, it's at ~115K anyways,
looking at new CX-9 and see what else is out there,

I was worried I couldn't trade it in with an expired inspection but it looks like I can:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070805082116AA9mCRR

Last edited:
Back