Rear disc conversion kit

That looks like a decent setup. I am not sure if there is enough of a load on the rear suspension to need it but what the heck!

-Derrick

I know nothing of these things. I just know that a rear disc conversion has been talked about by some. I wonder if some of us would want this just for the sake of looks. Discs are a lot prettier between the spokes than drums.

I'm new to this forum. Someone told me to come here and look at this thread. I own Gold Coast Automotive. We do make a rear disc brake conversion kit for the Fiesta and Mazda 2. We have sold several kits for the Fiesta, but none for the Mazda 2. We have everything needed for the Mazda 2, but we have never sold a kit. We will not sell the kits until we find someone willing to let us install one. If anyone is in So California and wants to be the 1st, PLEASE let me know.

I apologize in advance if this posting is inappropriate, since I'm not a forum sponsor. I'm just trying to find someone that is willing to let us use their car.

As far as i know, the only difference between Mazda 2 and fiesta is the PCD. Fiesta has 4x108 and Mazda 2 4x100

I'm new to this forum. Someone told me to come here and look at this thread. I own Gold Coast Automotive. We do make a rear disc brake conversion kit for the Fiesta and Mazda 2. We have sold several kits for the Fiesta, but none for the Mazda 2. We have everything needed for the Mazda 2, but we have never sold a kit. We will not sell the kits until we find someone willing to let us install one. If anyone is in So California and wants to be the 1st, PLEASE let me know.

I apologize in advance if this posting is inappropriate, since I'm not a forum sponsor. I'm just trying to find someone that is willing to let us use their car.

I'd help you out but I'm in the UK :(

I'll be heading down to long beach for wekfest for a few days in the end of May. I might be interested depending on the price.

Spotted these a while ago....
would be nice to know if there mazda parts or others...
been trawling the web to find rear disc's 4x100PCD & caliper setups....

I live in Los Angeles and wouldn't mind you guys trying them on my 2. It'd just be to have you guys temporarily test it on my car and not sell me one, right?

Jumping on the bandwagon as well since I'm in socal

This is something I'm very interested in, but it's down the road a ways. If I were to do this I might consider upgrading the calipers front and back, too. Doing that would require a lot of research on my part, though, to make sure the brakes I get would work on the 2 and that front and rear are properly balanced. So, I'm eagerly waiting to hear if somebody else does this. :p

That kit looks great, but thought the mazda 2 was 4x100 pcd & the fiesta 4x108 pcd ?

I would be intrested in the rear disc conversion kit offered from Gold Coast. Unfortunetly I can not test the kit because I live in Ohio.

However I do have one question. Would the rear disc conversion conflict with the ABS in any way?

- Tom

Hmm... looks like you're right. If that's the only difference, though, I would think that Wilwood would work with folks and provide a different hat.

I would love to have this over here, it looks like the ABS sensor reads a pulse train from the rear of the stub axle ?

Had the car in the air again last night (exhaust again) tried these....

Would be nice to get the brackets, bolts & pipes... those are my new front disc ready for the next pad change....

Still don't get why the fiesta disc are been pointed towards when they are diffeerent PCD.. or am I being too much of an
engineer (braindead & 8mm PCD makes no difference ? (thought)

Our rear disc kit uses Focus SVT rear calipers. We have the correct 4x100 rotors for the Mazda 2. On paper, the Mazda 2 and the Fiesta have an identical rear set-up (other than bolt pattern). My only issue is that I am not willing to sell a Mazda 2 kit until I personally try one on a car. Brakes are too important to play around with (obviously).

My offer is to sell 1 kit to 1 person for $400 installed (complete). Our normal price is $600 not installed. If I were to sell any more kits, they would have to go through a Mazdas247 forum sponsor. I don't even feel right offering this here, since I'm not a sponsor.

I would be intrested in the rear disc conversion kit offered from Gold Coast. Unfortunetly I can not test the kit because I live in Ohio.

However I do have one question. Would the rear disc conversion conflict with the ABS in any way?

- Tom

No, it works perfectly.

Back