rear AC ?

jimp

:
2005 Mazda 3 HB 5 speed
wife has an 09 5 sport, with the rear ac option/function. How does it work. She says it always blows cold air no matter what the auto climate control is set on. Is there a "mode" selection that controls the rear unit so it will blow warmer air during the winter?

Nope

Nope, the rear vents only blow cold air--it's in the manual. I thought that this was weird, too, when I got my 2010 Mazda 5, so I looked it up (after asking the salesman, who had no clue). The heat for the back is located under the front seats, and these are controlled by the auto climate control.

What he said. Winter time, turn the rear A/C vents off. Heat will come from under the seats from the ACC.

thanks for the info. Make the info a "sticky" then, I searched several different terms trying to find the answer before posting the question.

With all these questions about the rear air vent, I'm surprised no one has taking it apart to see how it works and try to figure out a way to running a separate tube (or perhaps as simple as find a junction point) to allow heat. I image the fan serves as suction to pull the air and will cool the air but it'll still be nice to have some warmer (ok, lukewarm) air coming out there during cold winter nights. Think of the children!

thanks for the info. Make the info a "sticky" then, I searched several different terms trying to find the answer before posting the question.

yeah, i just noticed a thread just last week that was pretty much the same.

i know the search here sucks.

ive thought of a mazda5 facts sticky... but where to put it. the main forum... lost under the subforums? or in the welcome page to be lost under all the threads there. plus, i really dont have the time to work on such a thing at this moment.

With all these questions about the rear air vent, I'm surprised no one has taking it apart to see how it works and try to figure out a way to running a separate tube (or perhaps as simple as find a junction point) to allow heat. I image the fan serves as suction to pull the air and will cool the air but it'll still be nice to have some warmer (ok, lukewarm) air coming out there during cold winter nights. Think of the children!

Agreed. If I could, I would investigate. However... if someone else solved the problem, I'd certainly follow suit.

m.

Agreed. If I could, I would investigate. However... if someone else solved the problem, I'd certainly follow suit.

m.
But it you want to do it right, you have to do it yourself ;)

It could also be as simple as tapping into the ducts that channel air to the vents under the 1st row chairs. My DD sedan has the heat vents under the driver/passenger chairs for the back and it comes out somewhat weak, but the fan inside the center console should be able to pull it out farther, granted cooling it in the process (lukewarm). But when the heat is cranked up, it'll definitely still feel warm and help to heat up the cabin sooner.

Back