ramps and lowering springs...

MSP#735

:
2005 Acura TL
those of you who are lowered, what do you use to change your oils and such. the majority of the ramps out there dont give you enough clearance to actually put a lowered car on ramps (wihtout scrapping) so my question is, what brand ramps or other methods do you use?

Thanks

My Honda buddy bought these, and they work quite well.

Low Down Slope <---

I just jack up the driver side of my car just enough for me to roll under.

i have the Craftsman aluminum floor jack. It has no issues getting under the sides of the car, it barely rubbed when I went through the front. That's with the TEINs dropped all the way down.

How low is your car? Or invest is some jack stands.

im sittin on Eibach Sportlines...im leanin towards picking up some ramps, more practical and plus i dont do THAT much work that i require jack stands, oil changes here and there, tire rotations, nothing major. attached is a pic to give you an example of how low she sits.

Attachments

• IMGP0810.JPG
    IMGP0810.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 83
I take it to my friends shop and use the lift. Even on the lift, it's still a tight fit to get the filter out.

Have fun doing tire rotations with your car on ramps :p

I just use a craftsman floor jack.. it doesn't make it under that black deflector underneath the bumper so I have to kinda sneak the jack in from the side in front of the front wheels but yeah.. it works great :)

on my scort, i have to use one jack to lift a spot of the car a little so i can get a jack under the car in the right spot. i think its like 1-2 inches lower than th ejack, nrmal jack, going to buy that craftsman next.
i can get up ramps but i rub the bumper a little. Hard to get under when tucking 17" rims

Kansei said:
Have fun doing tire rotations with your car on ramps :p

I've got a low-pro race jack and 4 jack stands as well - it just depends on what I'm working on (ughdance)

buy a 8 or 10 ft 2X4 (or wider) and cut in strips. bottom piece @3ft long and then cut another one a little shorter @2.5ft long then nail or screw together (note make sure to cut the drive on to side aleast at a 45* angle..makes like a step and if ur car is too low for that just make the first 2X4 longer and so on with the steps up....the only problem you'll be left with is if you make them too long where to store them....just my 2cents..so that would be cheaper that buying a low profile jack if u aready have one...

he's talking about this
im sittin on Eibach Sportlines...im leanin towards picking up some ramps, more practical and plus i dont do THAT much work that i require jack stands, oil changes here and there, tire rotations, nothing major. attached is a pic to give you an example of how low she sits.

he's talking about this

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">im sittin on Eibach Sportlines...im leanin towards picking up some ramps, more practical and plus i dont do THAT much work that i require jack stands, oil changes here and there, tire rotations, nothing major. attached is a pic to give you an example of how low she sits. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Didn't see that - I was responding to post #1. Good ramps are fastest/safest/easiest for anything that you just need to get under the car for. But yeah, a low-pro jack and some good stands will be needed to safely do tire rotations.

i might go pick some ramps up after looking at this thread. cause using a jack just to lift the car a lil bit SUCKS.

Using a jack that is not a speedy lift one SUCKS! Once you own a jack, you'll wonder why you never bought one before.

Never had a problem getting my car up the ramp. Even with the falkan springs and b-spec mazdaspeed struts (car was so low that it was hitting the lower tie bar at times).

Back