Rally Armor Mud Flaps "with pics"

am I the only one that thinks these flaps make our cars look absolutely hideous... I mean any kind of cosmetic modding gets shat on with these things..

I dont know about your car, but when washing mine awhile ago you can see all the damage that rocks are doing to our cars.

I have a 2 small chips on my doors that where caused from those damn rocks.

These flaps may not look the most appealing, but they do perform a stellar job of protecting your paint.

I'll take the lack of aesthetics of big rally flaps versus the lack of aesthetics from rock-chipped side skirts.

Rock chips can be repainted, and there isn't any escaping rock chips on a daily driven car.

Not to mention, salt residue (winter) can get stuffed behind or near the edges of the mudflaps in the winter and damage the paint if not cleaned properly during winter.

Same thing with hood or front bras, if not tightened down, they will get dust, dirt or rocks trapped underneath and scratch the living hell out of your paint.

Can't keep it perfect forever. I'm just tryin to make it easier to prevent salt chips.

Rock chips can be repainted, and there isn't any escaping rock chips on a daily driven car.

Not to mention, salt residue (winter) can get stuffed behind or near the edges of the mudflaps in the winter and damage the paint if not cleaned properly during winter.

Same thing with hood or front bras, if not tightened down, they will get dust, dirt or rocks trapped underneath and scratch the living hell out of your paint.

Can't keep it perfect forever. I'm just tryin to make it easier to prevent salt chips.

^ yup. all you can do is try. i noticed a few more knicks on my hood last night. i'm just glad they're super tiny. i do my best to keep my distance between cars and that's all i can really do.

are they going to sell just the rears?

i have a few small chips on the side skirts, but nothing i really care about. they aren't the best looking, but since there are no OEM ones, i was thinking of getting some rear ones...mostly because i absolutely hate being behind someone when it's DONE raining and have the huge spray coming out of their car...and i can tell my car does it too... guess i have a courteous mood going on. plus the road spray seems to affect my rear bumper more than it does the side skirt and front door.

edit - and i know this is probably blasphemy, but i would almost get the rears and cut them so they are slightly shorter. of course that would negate the purpose of getting them but i bet i could bring them up an inch, and have them look a ton better and still function pretty well...or maybe shape the sides a bit better. i can't believe mazda doesn't have any neat oem flaps for this car....though the curvature is very similar to my s14 240sx...i wonder if i could mod the nissan pair to the rear bumper of the mazdaspeed since they look pretty close.....

Last edited:
We are proud to be affiliated with Rally Armor on releasing this product line. We will be the exclusive distributer for the first production run of these flaps, and are very excited to announce that we will have a TON of these in stock and available for immediate purchase (when they are released Mid-July)

Prices have not been announced yet, but according to RallyArmor, should be similar to pricing offered on other applications (Subaru)

Effective immediately, we will be taking pre-orders for these flaps. We will require ZERO financial commitment to reserve them, but if you'd like to be one of the first to have these, please contact us, and we will add you to our list, which will guarantee that you receive your flaps ASAP once they are available.

Ways to contact us:
Phone: 410-840-3555
Email: sales@iagperformance.com
By Private Message on Mazdas247

All that we ask is that you provide your full name and contact information. We will contact you the day that they are released, at which time you can provide payment and we will get them shipped out that day!

Don't forget, we need:

Name
Address
Phone
Email Address

As with Subaru applications, the "Basic" flaps will be released in a black finish with a stamped logo. The UR "you-are" flaps will be available in Black flap w/ Blue, Red, Silver, Grey, or White Logo. Call today to reserve yours!!!

Thanks very much!

Regards,

Rick
IAG Performance
www.iagperformance.com

With regards to drilling... These are words passed onto us directly from RallyArmor:

The UR and Basic mud flaps do utilize the OEM mounting points however there are those factory-installed rivets within the rear fender that need to be drilled out in order to mount the flaps. We used a 5/32nd bit and were able to drill these out in a matter of 30 seconds.

Also, the front mud flaps (akin to our 2008 STI front mud flaps) require the user to pierce the plastic fender liner to start a pilot hole for the innermost mount, which can be achieved by applying firm pressure in a few turns by hand and finishing with a stubby screwdriver.

The screws provided in the mud flap hardware kit can be used to pierce the liner, so while there is no drilling to create new mounting points into the frame of the vehicle, there is ancillary drilling out of the factory-installed rivets in order to utilize the mounts and successfully install the rear flaps. Thought this information would be useful for you and the folks that are interested in preordering these flaps.

Pic:
mazdaspeed_rivets.jpg

I was going to paraphrase, but I figured a direct quote would work best... Installation, simply put, is a breeze.

Rick
IAG Performance

Last edited:
awesome. so are the basic flaps going to be less protective or just not as flashy?

so we are all wannabe subaru's now? mud flaps n all! How many people actual mob their MS3 to where they actually need mudflaps?

I think it could use a nice set of mud flaps for daily driving, the roads in MI suck and im constantly having s*** flung down the side of my car, I even have rock chips midway through the rear door...

I'm going to wait it out until people post up some pictures. I still gotta "see" what the different ones look like before I order.

I think it could use a nice set of mud flaps for daily driving, the roads in MI suck and im constantly having s*** flung down the side of my car, I even have rock chips midway through the rear door...

+1

i can't wait for these!

Having Subaru's I am very familiar with Rally Armor products. It's a nessary evil and don't look that bad at all compared to a bunch of paint chips.

Last edited:
so we are all wannabe subaru's now? mud flaps n all! How many people actual mob their MS3 to where they actually need mudflaps?

After one winter it looks like somone sandblasted the end caps of the sideskirts behind the front tires. I also have little chips all along the side of the side skirt from the crap that gets kicked up by the tires. I think most people, at least those in the states that get snow will want these. Especially after all the sand and salt that gets put down during the winter months.

NEW PRESS SHOTS FROM RALLY ARMOR:

Urethane (UR) Flaps:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

They will be here VERY VERY soon folks... We can almost taste it! Preorder yours today by PM'ing us or calling with your: Name, Address, Phone #, and Email Address and which flaps you are interested in.

Flaps that will be initially available:

Urethane (durable and flexible) in Black w/ Blue, Red, Silver, Grey, or white logo!

Back