radio

ride0012

ok got in the car turned the car on and all was fine then out of no where the radio goes out the face turns off and opens like to insert a cd. what happened.

ok got in the car turned the car on and all was fine then out of no where the radio goes out the face turns off and opens like to insert a cd. what happened.

I'm guessing you have the stock radio?? If so, you need to replace the ribbon....or get a new head unit.

Try this one. This is where I got mine. You have to put the part number in yourself.

New Part Number for Replacement Cable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best buy no longer stocks the cable, as they so politely informed me today. I searched our part number and came upon
http://www.pacparts.com
the original part number
J84-0121-12
seems to be discontinued, and there is a newer, and hopefully more reliable replacement part number
J86-0021-05
From what I read on the other forum, you can also purchase a new connector plate instead of reusing your old one, I will ask pacparts about this when I call them on Tuesday.
I am going to be ordering 2 of these and seeing if it is the same part. Great how to, thanks for the time and effort.
search for the
KDCMP919
and there is a whole bunch of parts available, on back order and discontinued part numbers cross referenced to newer part numbers, excellent.

Back