Racing Beat muffler weight vs. stock?

atekt

:
2011 Mazda 2 Touring
Does anyone know the weight difference between the racing beat muffler or corksport catback vs. The stock equipment?

This is the answer I got from Jim at RB when I emailed them about it back in April.

STOCK WEIGHT: 13.4 LBS
RB WEIGHT: 14.3

Thanks...its on the list after a new set of autox tires then hids (i know it will blind people but at this point I dont care...having it on my last couple cars have spoiled me)...glad to know it feels ever so slightly quicker.

Is there any freeway drone with it? My 2 is my DD and I have a long commute and sometimes roadtrip with it, so I don't really want to be able to hear the exhaust while cruising. I do really like the way the RB muffler sounds though in the videos.

Installing my RB in 2 hours...
Prepare for an INTENSE install lol.
Is there any freeway drone with it? My 2 is my DD and I have a long commute and sometimes roadtrip with it, so I don't really want to be able to hear the exhaust while cruising. I do really like the way the RB muffler sounds though in the videos.
I'm pretty irritable when it comes to exhaust drone and the RB rarely even gets my attention in that regard. It sounds like an OEM option kind of exhaust it's so, not that loud. My stock SVT Focus was louder.

then hids (i know it will blind people but at this point I dont care...having it on my last couple cars have spoiled me)
You'll care when someone hits you head on. Do us a favor and do it right or don't do it at all

90% of my commute is barrier divided highway, clear lenses arent anywhere near as bad as old school headlights with the sparkly texture on the cover that throws it everywhere.

RB installed! Some pics in my thread in the photo section. Easy install and didn't really feel a difference in weight.

It SOUNDS faster lol. I really couldn't tell you if it helped any. But I can say that I took traction control off and got 2nd gear to chirp real nice haha. It def has a nice deep sound to it and the motor is louder than the exhaust at 80 mph.

Honestly the weight difference is minimal as I couldn't even tell the difference...as far as driving, it feels the same (i didn't expect power gain anyway). But it definitely looks much better than stock, and it sounds great. Its not loud and doesn't have any drone, it honestly could have came factory

Back