Questions re: mazda oem remote starter.

MyRxBad

:
06' Mazda3 Sedan, 04 Rx-8, 2010 CX9
I'm thinking on installing a remote car starter in my wifes cx9. I was wondering if the Mazda OEM remote starter for the 2010 Cx9 can use the stock key fob (keyless entry) to start the car or do you have to always carry the provided (remote starter) fob to start the car?

I don't want to have to carry 2 of them around and was wondering if the stock keyless entry fob can be programed to start the car as well.

No, you will have another fob for remote starter. However, it is really small. It is about half size of main fob and thiner.

Does anyone know a rough estimate of the cost of having the OEM one installed?

I heard it's about 700 or so.

$300.00 for the unit plus install. (roughly)

No, you will have another fob for remote starter. However, it is really small. It is about half size of main fob and thiner.

You don't have pictures of the 2nd fob? (with something to compare it to)

My dealer told me they charge $100 for installation, but it was around 2008.
I decided to install myself. It took me almost 2 days for my first CX-9.
I did it again for my current one around an afternoon.

Dont know if this is an issue with the newer models, but my remote start, 2008, blows the fuses for the HVAC. When I use the remote start heat/ac and blower will not operate. They do work once you get in and turn the ignition switch to 'on'. There is a service bulliten on it but after inquireing, the dealer said it would not be covered under the extended warranty so it is on me to pay for. A Mazda dealer installed option that causes an electrical problem and the consumer has to pay for the fix. SAD!

Back