Question regarding MS3 Pricing

ouch1011

Hi everyone!

I'm the current owner of a 96 Ford Probe GT, which is based off the Mazda GE platform used by the MX-6 and 626. Uses the same Mazda 2.5L V6 and 5-spd manual as these cars as well. After 6 years and plenty of mods, I love the car, but it is time to move on.

I'm very seriously considering an MS3. I've done quite a bit of research, and I cannot find a better overall performer for the money than the MS3. The only other car I can find that I like for nearly the same price is a used 350Z, which is a nice car, but lacks the practicality of the MS3. My brother also owns an 04 Mazda6s, and he loves it. I've been lurking on the board here for a little while, reading up, learning what to expect, and I like what I see so far. There aren't really any major issues as of yet. Seems like the 2 common problems thus far are the intake manifold runner control switch and the bolt coming loose/out of the driver side trans mount. 1 isn't a big deal, the other is easily preventable.

Now, I've been dealing with one dealer here for about the past 2-3 weeks kind of semi-seriously. I've basically made it clear to them what they need to say to get me to buy, but they haven't said it yet. I know the price I'm asking for is a stretch for them, especially on a limited production car, but it is still reasonable, and I have faith that they will meet it...

Now, I saw a post already asking this same question about Mazda3 in general, but nothing specific to the MS3. And that question is, how much did you pay for your MS3? Also, I would like you to include what model and what options you got. The one I'm looking at is a sport with no options. I don't need or really even want a fully loaded car.

Thanks in advance!

when i did my shopping and pricing around it seems that the dealers in my area would not go below MSRP. This was around late Jan early Feb. I have a Consumer Reports guide on what the buyer should negotiate it for but didn't have any luck getting a dealer to go below MSRP. I got a GT Black w/o nav.

You might try a buying service like http://www.carsdirect.com. I did it that way and ended up a bit under MSRP. I also found the sales guys you meet that way are much more straight forward than the guys who greet you on the lot when you drive up. YMMV.

I also considered a Z, in fact I was pretty close to going for it but ended up with the MS3 because I often need to carry more than a toothbrush, which is about all that will fit in the Z luggage space.

P.S. Strangely enough, there is a Probe GT in my back yard waiting to be picked up by a scrappie - 200,000 miles on it, some at Laguna Seca.

so what is the price in the Gt w/0 navigation?? Like 24k ??? Im interested too because i want to get a good deal otherwise i keep my cx-7!!

spike blue said:
so what is the price in the Gt w/0 navigation?? Like 24k ??? Im interested too because i want to get a good deal otherwise i keep my cx-7!!
The nav is $1.7k list! Subtract that and there you have it.

I am asuming that you dont have payments on the probe (used to have one of those too). If you can afford to wait do so. They will come back down to MSRP if not lower later in the year. Which means you could have more of a down payment. Hell there are people already selling there MS3's that they bought new.

I miss my 95 Probe. Mines being built, haven't settled on the price yet but it should be between 24400 and 24800 for a GT when I'm done. The only option I'm getting is the homelink mirror. I have having a separate anything in my car.

nazgul350r said:
I am asuming that you dont have payments on the probe (used to have one of those too). If you can afford to wait do so. They will come back down to MSRP if not lower later in the year. Which means you could have more of a down payment. Hell there are people already selling there MS3's that they bought new.

(crazy) damm why they are selling this pretty bad boy??? There are major problems???? Im waiting for the price go down and got some specials, like the ms6 , i hope so, maybe in 2 to 3 months i will get it!!! is in order though !!!

Karma_hunden said:
for how much did yall get your MS3s out of the dealer?
Go here:
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/con...=MS3&modelYear=2007&skipZip=0&from=&zip=94062
Configure the model, trim, and options. It will tell you the MSRP.
Most dealers are asking several thousand more than MSRP, but most can be talked into MSRP if you work at it. If they won't go down to MSRP, walk and find another dealer. To get this price you might have to sign up for one and wait a month or so.

You might try an internet buying service.

I got mine $500 under MSRP.

Good luck!

Got a great Deal in Burlingame

All of the dealers around me were marking up 5-6K. Finally found a dealer about 30 minutes away in Burlingame that had 4 identical GT's. I ended up getting mine for 500 over invoice ($23,699). No navi, but most all other options. I took some minor haggling, but wasn't very difficult. Also got the Mazda 100K bumper to bumper warranty for about $800.

Good, I'm glad to hear this. The place I'm dealing with now is giving me grief about selling at MSRP. I might head up to another place, since they have a GT w/o navigation, and that is what I really want.

I got my MS3 sport for $600 under MSRP, but only because it was the second new car I bought from the same dealer, so we split the markup.

Anyone still looking and serious, my dealer is selling at MSRP and will include shipping for free. There is a True Red Sport, Stun. Silver GT, and Black Mica GT available. The Black Mica will be here by the end of March. Let me know if you are interested!

Anyone here work in South Florida dealers? Im looking for a black mica or true red to trade in for my cx7.

check in gunther they have i guess three and they are getting more this coming months!!!So you trading you cx-7?? WHY???

well, its my dad's car...he has always being a car person, not an suv, but my mother made him pick the cx7 blah blah blah...he wanted the MS6...and I was the one that bought it...so I told him I would give him my MS6 in exchange for the MS3...I honestly love the MS6...and I dont care to give it to him if I can still use it...best of both worlds :)

the old man deserves it...

Back