Question about the moonroof visor/wind deflector

Bloke

hey guys, i currently have the plastic moonroof wind deflector installed on my car. i've see a few without it & i think it looks way better without it. i recently removed the roof rack bars. My question is, without it, what is the wind noise like??? is it unbareable? does the wind actually travel into the cabin with the roof open?

cheers
Bloke

I'm used without it..
however, you might get annoyed first time. :) but it looks better without it.

much better without it. Wind noise is no problem especially with the racks off. Anyone wanna buy my old visor...... hasn't been on the car since the day I bought it.

FuNwaGoN said:
much better without it. Wind noise is no problem especially with the racks off. Anyone wanna buy my old visor...... hasn't been on the car since the day I bought it.

I'm interested, since I never tried one before. let me know Funwagon.

well by the sounds of it, i'll be removing mine too, so they're be another one for sale, LOL

but he way i take it, installation, or rather removal is pretty easy? no hidden screws or anything i should look out for?

cheers

It will pretty straight forward when you look at it. I think they just have few screw bolts under moonroof. so all you have to do is unscrew them.
If you are serious about selling it, let me know :)

ya believe me it looks nice!

i like to eat moon cake... it is not cheese cake... it is make with... um.... how do u call those ...

It's quieter with the deflector

Bloke said:
hey guys, i currently have the plastic moonroof wind deflector installed on my car. i've see a few without it & i think it looks way better without it. i recently removed the roof rack bars. My question is, without it, what is the wind noise like??? is it unbareable? does the wind actually travel into the cabin with the roof open?

I have a 626 that's got a moonroof without a deflector, and I drove my P5 w/roofracks on and off without a wind deflector. In both cases, I noticed that if I didn't have any other windows open, there would an atmospheric compression cycle (resonance, probably) that almost sounds like turning helicopter blades around 35-40mph which was quite annoying.

I put the moonroof deflector on and that was dissipated (but not completely eliminated). It is also much quieter with the deflector at highway speeds.

There really isn't that much wind that gets into the car if you don't have the wind deflector on, but it does get noisy. So I'm a fan of the wind deflector, and I think it looks cool. That's my $.02. Hope it helps.

BTW, will the p5 moonroof deflector be wide enough to fit on a '98 626? If so, I'm interested in buying your used ones!!

** Edit **
Yeah, I know, I can measure it myself but I'm at work so I can't get to my 626 now...

MP5s Make Ready said:
Does the deflector sratch the paint...I heard it does...

Just wondering I might get one...

It did with mine. I always take mine off when I wax my car. The first time I did I was like :wtf: !!!! Whoever put it on must have eaten his Wheaties that morning(put it on too tight). You can see an indentation where it goes accross the roof. Needless to say I'll never take mine off unless I get my roof repainted. If you do put one on, DON'T over tighten the screws.

MarkSpark said:
Niceee...what's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun.

I'm partial to Mars... haha ok, I'll stop now..

And about the Moonroof visor... in my opinion, no matter what the benefits, it still seems ugly.

ok so i took it off last night, simple to un-install, but it left a nasty mark, where the visor used to be, any thoughts on removing this. i tried Mguires, quick detail & then quick wax, but the mark is still pretty visible.

I do, much prefer it without he visor though!

cheers
Bloke'

Back