Question about headers

ZoomZoom_in03

:
2003 Mazda Protege ES
Does anyone know of any brands of headers that are carb legal in California? Or am I stuck to just takin that bad boy off before every smog? Thanks

No header will comply with carb because it deletes the Pre cat.

Also we have 1 header. Not headers( more than one) sorry but it bugs me

No header will comply with carb because it deletes the Pre cat.

Also we have 1 header. Not headers( more than one) sorry but it bugs me
He wasn't referring to having more than one header on the car. When he asked is there any brand of headers that are Carb legal in Cali he was asking what other brand of headers does he have to choose from?

one option would be to get a header and a stock MSP cat-pipe. the stock MSP cat-pipe has two cats: a pre-cat, and a main cat. with this setup, you MIGHT be able to get past a smog check. i have this configuration on my car, and have NEVER had a CEL. if you have a manual car, an MP3 ecu would help a little more, too.

might be worth the effort...

No header is legal simple as that ..... You can get rid of the CEL with the non fouler setup ... Most inspections places only plug in their computer to the car's computer to see if it pulls up any codes with the non fouler setup they don't get any codes..... I'm running a OBX header going on to 2.5 straight pipe no cats or resonator with a stock 03.5 MSP exhaust

Last edited:
Back