Puffs of smoke when shifting.

amillman2

:
Mazdaspeed6
Yesterday me and my friend were on a cruise on the highway him in his 07 impala SS and me in my MS6 and we were doing WOT runs for s**** and giggles and just cruisin around. When we stop and got out he told me a couple of times that he saw a little puff of smoke when i shifted. he specifically said that it wasnt too thick but was noticable. So what does this mean?? is it anything serious?? also because of this happening is there any other symptoms that i should be on the look out for in the future?? thanks.

it means your car is normal and running rich during shifts like mazda has told it too.

yea perfectly normal for this car i wouldn't worry about it.. now if it starts to spit out blue smoke at idle then you've got a problem

I just searched for smoke and this came up lol. Not to thread jack, but what does it mean if it spits out blue smoke at idle? Because mine just started doing that, especially when pulling away from a stop. Just billows of bluegrey burned oil looking smoke... I bought it two weeks ago. Since then it has needed new washers for the power steering and an EGR Valve... Im on the verge of taking it back to them and getting my money back.

I just searched for smoke and this came up lol. Not to thread jack, but what does it mean if it spits out blue smoke at idle? Because mine just started doing that, especially when pulling away from a stop. Just billows of bluegrey burned oil looking smoke... I bought it two weeks ago. Since then it has needed new washers for the power steering and an EGR Valve... Im on the verge of taking it back to them and getting my money back.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123748050
Read the first few pages of this thread and you will understand the nagging pain of the MS6 owner.

Back