Protege High Mileage Club

Ok. I suppose I might be able to set something up. All the other cars I have ripped into have baffle built around the PCV valve so it doesnt suck the oil up just the blow by gases

protege has baffles in the cam cover, too, just not the best at keeping oil out.

protege has baffles in the cam cover, too, just not the best at keeping oil out.

Im considering using a spacer of sorts on the PCV valve so I can get it out of the oil but it can still get the vapor. I pulled it loose from the valve cover and it was all covered in oil! Now I am sure that it where it is loosing it. At the price of oil (synthetic) today a 1 1/2 spacer may be worth the hastle

My 2003 Protege5, "Scruffs", has 131k miles on it, and it's the original motor. It starts up on the first try and runs and drives almost like a brand new car. No complaints (other than I think it's a little too quiet!) :)

Last edited:
im at 225,100km now or 139,870 miles

man a lot of you guys have high miles, didnt seem so high until i converted it to KM

damn, you guys have high miles, Im hovering around 90000 until I get my car fixed. Im slowly getting up there though

I am looking at purchasing a 2003 Protege5. It has 190000 miles on it and the seller is asking 2900 for it. How are these cars with that sort of mileage? what sort of issues should I look for when test driving it? Any Mazda specific, or model specific question I should ask?

Back