Protege Garage Intake Manifold Is Awesome

Blitzd

Contributor
:
2007 Mazda3 GT HB; 06 Mazda3 GT ; 05 Yamaha FZ6
Well the manifold is on and yes I know there is another thread for this but I just wanted to say my peice.

Power is awesome. you can feel the torque from the get go. The pull is great, feels very strong. Install was a breeze for tech that did it. Said it all went together smooth. Sounds better to!! ALl in all the best mod I have done aside from the MAF relocate but that was free so you know how it is.

Do you get the weird bog at idle that some people have experienced?

Kooldino said:
Do you get the weird bog at idle that some people have experienced?

Only when cold as in first start up. Once it warms up its good. If people are experiencing it more than this I don't know of it personaly. I have a very free breathing car. may have somthing to do with that.

Blitzd said:
Well the manifold is on and yes I know there is another thread for this but I just wanted to say my peice.

Power is awesome. you can feel the torque from the get go. The pull is great, feels very strong. Install was a breeze for tech that did it. Said it all went together smooth. Sounds better to!! ALl in all the best mod I have done aside from the MAF relocate but that was free so you know how it is.

That's freakin' awesome.
Congrats.
I'll add this to the list of planned mods for my MSP.

Yeah Im glad I went a head with it. I was sceptical at first but once it went on all fears are gone. If anyone needs any info on the install then just let me know. I paid one our Mazda techs $45 to install it. Not to bad.,

Filmer by the way your car looks awesome. What grill is that?

Blitzd said:
He doesn't have one. (uhm)

If I find some money on the street I'd love to install one of these.

Pretzellogic said:
He doesn't have one. (uhm)

If I find some money on the street I'd love to install one of these.

he has something. there is a line under where the hood come down. looks mean anyhow. Yeah its worth the monies

Blitzd said:
he has something. there is a line under where the hood come down. looks mean anyhow. Yeah its worth the monies

Thats the stock grille. Just painted black.

Blitzd said:
Thought you were talking about the lower air dam.

Yeah, top grille is stocker painted black.

Blitzd said:
Yeah Im glad I went a head with it. I was sceptical at first but once it went on all fears are gone. If anyone needs any info on the install then just let me know. I paid one our Mazda techs $45 to install it. Not to bad.,

I wish i could find someone around here to do the install for me for 45 bucks !!(omg)

If ya wanna come down you would have a place to stay if ya wanted it only took him like 2.5hrs to do. and it is worth it.

It's a pretty easy install. I could do it soup to nuts in about 2 hours, but my first time around I was trying to use vice grips on the EGR pipe, which was a big mistake. The damn pipe alone took a day to do.

good deal , yeah that egr can be a bear. Thats one of the things I love about working at Mazda the readily available shop and tools and knowledge

Blitzd said:
good deal , yeah that egr can be a bear. Thats one of the things I love about working at Mazda the readily available shop and tools and knowledge

lol...the knowledge

Back