problems, help needed!

03.5BlueMSP

:
2003.5 MSP
hey guys so i just resently started having some issues.

1. - when i come to a complete stop or when decelerating sometimes, the rpm's will dip way down to around 150-200rpm and then shoot back up, and then down, then way up and smooth out a bit.

any ideas?

2. - car seems like it is having a boost issue. sounds like its over-boosting, but it doesnt move and then will bogg down a bit. sometimes this doesn't happen as well. all clamps are tight and no holes that i can see?

ideas?

I need to clean my egr too!!!!, your egr is probably full of carbon deposit theres a how to thread on there on how to clean it goood luck!

check ur wastegate by blowing into intake hose. if u can blow through it its bad, ud need a new one. also check the intake hose that goes to it, it could be torn or disconnected.

From the wastegate actuator there's a hose that goes to the intake take it off at the intake side and blow

Where ever that line goes to from the actuator on the turbo take it off from that end. You should be able to trace it back.

just an update, i have NOT cleaned the egr yet.

i went to get a college book and the car will not idle worth a s***! when i come to a complete stop it just bounces from 100 to 800rpm, or even sometimes staying at out 150rpm...

what is this issue? egr?

Egr or wastegate actuator

You should clean it. It only takes 15-20 min to do it. Also check your wastegate while you are at it.

Its much harder to get the egr off on an MSP than a P5, at least for me it was, but it's still easy with a small socket wrench. Bolts are 12mm IIRC and you have to take off the intake tube.

i got it off, but the 4 screws that hold the egr together are rusted in. ill try cleaning it still, but probably off for a new one tomorrow. 139.99 for a new one, ouch.

still gotta get the screws out...spray pb blaster on there and let it sit overnight

edit: talk to scratchnsniff, he may have one. there was someone else selling a good one for 40 as well.

wont a new one come with the whole assembly? i have it out of the car now. but i cannot take it apart. aka i cannot take the connection end off of the vavle end.

still gotta get the screws out...spray pb blaster on there and let it sit overnight

edit: talk to scratchnsniff, he may have one. there was someone else selling a good one for 40 as well.

the new one bolts right in, nothing gets changed over. ull need the egr valve and a new gasket.

no luck on cleaning the egr, and btw. i have a light high picked squeel on idle, coming from the turbo. maybe the coupler on it is leaking??

Back