Problems... Defective door seals on cars made before Sep 06

Alpha Wolf

:
Mazda, CX7, Touring Model, Liquid Platinum
Just found a problem with my CX7.

I finally had an opportunity to drive it in a hard rain.

Well when I got home and opened the door, I found that the inner door area was covered in muddy water.(omg) The lower seal for the doors is defective and does not seal anything as it just protrudes below all the doors with a gap between it and the door.(shocked)

A kind member on another site provided me with a Mazda Service Bulletin which states they are away of this defect and that cars made after Sep 06 have a new part that actually works.

Link to Service Bulletin No: 09-044/06

http://www.mstore2000.com/PDF_Files/09-044-06-1720.pdf

I called my dealer and received the usual
"what problem with the door?" "what service bulletin?" "It might be covered if your car is still under warranty."
The last one really pissed me off as this is a 2007 car with a 3 year warranty! How would it not be still valid?

I have to take time off to drive it up to them (45 miles each way) and then they will "Check" with Mazda to see if it is covered under my warranty WTF? If their tech feels there is a problem.

Then IF Mazda approves, they will order the parts and when they come in I will have to make another appointment and bring the car back up to them again, taking time off work to do this....

This affects cars with VIN numbers below JM3ER****7*138083

Which mine is...

I will keep you posted on how the inspection goes on Friday....

God im glad i saw this post. every time i goto wash my car, it looks like ive been driving with the door open!

next oil change im gonna do this

I definitely have this problem, when I open the door you see dried up water spots, and dirt. I am gonna call my dealership tomorrow. Nice find

How do you get into the Mstore for the TSB's If I may ask, it asks for a account # etc..

Thanks for the find !

Last edited:
you should check around to find a dealer that actually has custamer service and start going to them. If thats not warrinty then what is?

Thanks for this. I do actually notice about dust and dirt collecting underneath the inside doors. I am gonna call my dealership in the morning so they can go ahead and order the parts. So far, my dealership has been nice with warranty issues like when I had them checked for my gas cap because of the CEL issue (I didn't have it but just making sure that I don't encounter CEL) and also when I asked them to enable the autolock feature. No questions asked...they performed all necessary procedures without asking about warranty BS

MITZA said:
How do you get into the Mstore for the TSB's If I may ask, it asks for a account # etc..

Thanks for the find !

The other CX owner is also a Service Manager with an account.

It appears if you have a direct link to the pdf file it will let anyone in. if you just try to go to a directory, you need an account.

Went to the dealer this morning.(ughdance)

They took the car away and I handed the service manager the three service bulletin sheets I had. One for the seals, one for the re-flash of the chip and one for the gas cap. Makes it kind of hard for them to say diddly about it not being covered.(glare)

Results..(enguard)
1. Agreed my seals are covered and ordered the new parts so I will have to take it back for them to be installed
2. Reflashed the chip for reduced turbo lag and better low end power
3. Ordered new style gas cap..

So far so good....(first)

Door Seals

I ordered my door seals and inside door panels when I went in to have my chip flashed. That was on 3-27, dealer still doesn't have them. Doesn't any one from Mazda monitor these posts?? Just think it might wake some people up and solve some problems. BTW, had to print out the TSBs for the dealer since they said they couldn't find them. Called Mazda customer service about them not finding TSBs, they said they couln't do anything, contact the dealer.......ARRGGGG!

New seals mounted and they DO SEAL the doors.

(attn)

Here are some of the TSBs for you to print and take with you as necessary.

You must have Adobe Acrobat to open these files.

(drive2) (drive)

Attachments

• Mazda svc bltn 01-022-06.pdf
    54.5 KB · Views: 218
  • Mazda svc bltn 01-022-06-1642.pdf
    54.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Mazda svc bltn 01-053-06-1737b.pdf
    42.7 KB · Views: 271
  • Mazda svc bltn 09-044-06-1720.pdf
    59.6 KB · Views: 223
Back