Pricing announced!

2014 Mazda3 US Pricing announced! Below is sedan pricing with the automatic, manual subtracts about $1000 on the i models. Hatch adds $500 to all but the i SV.

i SV (sedan only) - $17,995
i Sport - $19,495
i Touring - $20,595
i Grand Touring - $23,795
s Touring sedan - $24,595
s Grand Touring sedan - $25,995

Oh and the s Touring package that gives you adaptive cruise and i-ELOOP is another $1600. So a full up s GT hatch ($26,495) plus the tech package ends up being a $28,000 car. Wow. But I'd pay it...

http://www.mazdausamedia.com/2013-0...ICING-AND-FUEL-ECONOMY-OF-ALL-NEW-2014-MAZDA3

According to autoblog.com, the i SV starts at $16,945 (not including a $795 destination fee, which brings it to $17,740). But it still has a fair set of standard features:

i SV - Push-button start, remote keyless entry, power door locks and windows, power-folding mirrors, air conditioning, a folding rear seat, USB and auxiliary audio input jacks, hill-start assist, and front and rear disc brakes.

i Sport - adds steering-wheel controls, a 60/40 split for folding rear seatback, Bluetooth, cruise control, trip computer, CD player, map lights, body-colored side mirrors, tachometer.

i Touring - adds 16-inch aluminum wheels; heated outside mirrors with turn indicators; bright exterior trim; rear-seat folding armrest; keyless entry; leather-wrapped steering wheel, shift knob, and handbrake; rear spoiler, blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert. Optional $1600 Touring Technology package adds a 7-inch touch-screen infotainment system, navigation, backup camera, Bose 9-speaker audio system, automatic dual-zone climate control, XM radio.

s Touring - adds 18-inch aluminum wheels, bi-xenon headlights, piano-black grille, fog lights, LED taillights, LED daytime running lights, paddle shifters, sport mode for transmission, Active Driving Display with a head-up display, six-way power drivers seat, leatherette seats and door-panel trim, heated front seats, and i Touring Technology package.

i Grand Touring - adds (in addition to i Touring) six-way power drivers seat, leatherette seats and door-panel trim, heated front seats, sunroof. Optional $1600 Touring Technology package adds 7-inch touch-screen infotainment system, navigation, backup camera, Bose 9-speaker audio system, automatic dual-zone climate control, XM radio.

s Grand Touring - adds (in addition to s Touring) automatic headlights, auto-leveling and adaptive headlights, rain-sensing windshield wipers, auto-dimming rearview mirror, leather seats, sunroof. Optional $1600 Touring Technology package (exclusive to s Grand Touring) adds Mazdas i-ELOOP regenerative engine-braking system, active grille shutters, automatic high-beam control, lane-departure warning, and automatic low-speed braking/collision-avoidance system.

"i" models are equipped with the Skyactiv-G 2.0 engine, while "s" models have the higher-output Skyactiv-G 2.5 engine.

Given that most people buy automatics, and the "s" models only come with an automatic for now, I use the automatic sedan pricing as a base. Subtract $1050 from $17,995 and you get $16,945. I did forget to include the destination charge, but I also tend to "forget" about it when i get to the dealer too. ;)

I'm actually thinking the "i Grand Touring" would actually considered to be below the "s Touring" in the trim scheme. Not just because of pricing but because of the added features. The s Touring actually adds features onto the I Grand Touring.

Given that most people buy automatics, and the "s" models only come with an automatic for now, I use the automatic sedan pricing as a base. Subtract $1050 from $17,995 and you get $16,945. I did forget to include the destination charge, but I also tend to "forget" about it when i get to the dealer too. ;)

I'm actually thinking the "i Grand Touring" would actually considered to be below the "s Touring" in the trim scheme. Not just because of pricing but because of the added features. The s Touring actually adds features onto the I Grand Touring.
The "s" models have the 2.5. It's only natural that Mazda would put even more options with the larger engine.

Aw, come on, don't people want a base model with the bigger engine? Like 2.5L, Bluetooth, and that's it?

That would probably would be nice, maybe a racer special or something, ditching all the extra features would probably save 100-200 pounds. Then again, all the real racers are waiting for news on the next Mazdaspeed3. :)

People who want the 2.5L and no toys can get the Mazda6 sport, $20,990.

S Touring trim is quite nice, although it's in the GTI price range.

The one big problem I foresee with the S Touring is the "leatherette." Whatever that may be. There's no cloth option with the 2.5L at all.

I'm actually liking the almond-tone leather setup anyway. But a cloth option with the uplevel engine would be kind of nice.

Back