Price check... 2012 CX-9

Just picked up a 2011 CX-9 Touring FWD ( Certified Pre-Owned). had about 30k miles on it. $24,895

prices should be better now as the 2013 news just came out, redesigned front end it looks like, some new tech stuff also

prices should be better now as the 2013 news just came out, redesigned front end it looks like, some new tech stuff also

I agree stageup... I doubt this time next year we'll see $6k-$8k off the 2013 refreshed model. Probably in 2014 when the all new 2015 model is released.

Sales price. I think I could have done better to be honest, but I spent so much time haggling over the trade in and the financing rate to get where I wanted to be... I didn't think there was going to be much more room for price changes.

Sales price. I think I could have done better to be honest, but I spent so much time haggling over the trade in and the financing rate to get where I wanted to be... I didn't think there was going to be much more room for price changes.

Thanks. Does it have original OEM tires or they new ones? How about brakes? I am also looking at 2010 CPO, that is why.

Last edited:
Worked a deal on a 2012 Grand Touring AWD in the New Orleans area with Pearl Paint, Bose and Power Lift Gate; I wanted more off but this was the most I could get - I was hoping for some other hidden incentives but I could not find any. The AWD is not very common in this area so there were not as many around. I put a deposit and will be financing with my credit union for 1.99%. The car was manufactured 10/11 and had been sitting in the dealer showroom for quite a long time; new vehicle.

The deal was as follows:
MSRP: 38435
Negotiated Price: 32491 (invoice - $3,000 incentive - hold back)
Tax at 9%: 2924.19
TL: 126.50
OTD: 35541.69

No other fees, No trade

We also considered the Subaru Tribeca, Honda Pilot, and Infiniti JX (to see how the new Pathfinder would kind of ride/look). The features, ride, and feel of the CX-9 just felt superior to all of them - including the $46,700 Infiniti JX. Will post some pics after we pick up. Hope this information helps someone.

Just picked up a used CX-9 Touring AWD for $27,000 with 12,000 miles on it. Love it. Getting around 19 mpg. I was worried from reports it would be much less.

Got my new 2012 CX-9 Touring AWD with moonroof/Bose package and power liftgate for $30,300 OTD about 3 weeks ago. MSRP was around $36,700. I'm THRILLED with the car (and the deal!!) since we will be welcoming baby #2 in a few months and really needed the extra space. And I refuse to drive a minivan. :)

Great deal...2012 FWD Touring base
$25,900 +TTL & $160 doc fee

`$6,500 under MSRP

Looking at a 2012 Touring with AWD, bose sunroof and pwr lift gate.
msrp is 36,xxx
a very attainable number is 30,xxx at the moment. Should I be aiming lower, considering the year end?

Invoice is around 34, 500. There is a 3,500 incentive. I would say anywhere under 31,000 is pretty decent. Holdback is 1%. So if you have also pulled that off, I think it is pretty good unless there are other incentives such as volume, etc.

Looking at a 2012 Touring with AWD, bose sunroof and pwr lift gate.
msrp is 36,xxx
a very attainable number is 30,xxx at the moment. Should I be aiming lower, considering the year end?

Go for low 30s - I paid 30385 about a month ago for those identical specs. I'm thinking you could probably do even better than me since the 13's are coming in any day now... (I also got a phenomenal deal on my trade-in).

Go for low 30s - I paid 30385 about a month ago for those identical specs. I'm thinking you could probably do even better than me since the 13's are coming in any day now... (I also got a phenomenal deal on my trade-in).

Just quoted 29200 from another dealer, just from a phone call. Was ready to pull the trigger, but now the family (wife and mom) want to look at the pilot.
to be continued.

We also considered the Pilot. The ride and handling don't even come close to the CX9. It does seat 8 and feels a little more roomy, but the specs don't completely support that. I honestly don't know why more people don't buy the CX9 over the Pilot and other choices. We actually almost pulled the trigger on the Pilot, but the dealer would not reduce their price. I am definitely glad they didn't :). We definitely did like the infotainment and 8 inch screen in the Pilot. It seemed more refined.

i just emailed my mazda dealer and asked about the best price she could give me before the 2013's arrive.
w/o hesitation she said any cx-9 on the lot she'd move 7500 off msrp and possibly a little more if i buy before end of month
and deal directly with her (this includes all dealer cash + 500 loyalty)

i'd be trading in my cx-7 obviously which black book has at 10-12k value. we owe 4.3k on it as of today.

the one we like is the gt msrp'd at 39,150 so

39150 - 7500 = 31650 -6k (lowball myself on trade) = 25650 + TTL.

damn i want to see the new ones but stock is going to dwindle as the 2013's arrive. decisions.
btw my wife ONLY Likes white ugh so they only have 2 left of the 2012s.

Just quoted 29200 from another dealer, just from a phone call. Was ready to pull the trigger, but now the family (wife and mom) want to look at the pilot.
to be continued.

I looked at both the Pilot (was convinced I wanted one before I looked at it) and the Explorer, and I absolutely hated the Pilot after driving it. Too boxy and truck-like, and the third row didn't lay completely flat. Plus the Honda dealer was really difficult to deal with. We were really close to pulling the trigger on the Explorer but they couldn't get us the number we needed on our trade-in, so I decided to check out the CX-9. Truly no comparison for the price! We probably would've paid close to $10K more for all of the features on the Explorer. (I'm a soon-to-be mom of two boys under age 1 FWIW. Yes, you read that correctly....(lol2))

I looked at both the Pilot (was convinced I wanted one before I looked at it) and the Explorer, and I absolutely hated the Pilot after driving it. Too boxy and truck-like, and the third row didn't lay completely flat. Plus the Honda dealer was really difficult to deal with. We were really close to pulling the trigger on the Explorer but they couldn't get us the number we needed on our trade-in, so I decided to check out the CX-9. Truly no comparison for the price! We probably would've paid close to $10K more for all of the features on the Explorer. (I'm a soon-to-be mom of two boys under age 1 FWIW. Yes, you read that correctly....(lol2))

The decision will be made this weekend I hope. Taking the family equipped with huge new car seat to test the cars. The price differential between a 2012 cx-9 awd touring w/ bose ,lift gate and pilot ex-l is about $2500.

Curious which one is more expensive ....

When I was pricing the 2012 Pilot EX-L 4WD with an MSRP of 37,150 the dealer wanted 32, 400 but I wanted it for about 31,400. This was in October.
The 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with bose and lift gate had an MSRP of 38,435 and I paid 32,490 (now the incentives have increased in November) on October 20. The Pilot EX-L doesn't have Xenons, Blind Spot, Memory Seats, etc.

Back