pressure washer

I just got a simoniz 1800 pressure washer to wash my cx5. I refuse to pay 10 bucks at a touch less car wash when it's not winter every time I wash it. Once a week by the way. Anyhow, do you guys know if that kind of pressure can damage the paint or wear down the paint clear coat? Thanks

I'd imagine it is no different than touchless carwash.
I've been going to one for years with my former ride. It had pretty sensitive paint and it never showed.

I dont think its recommended. Epesially if there tiny cracks corrosion the paint from bird poop or bird beeks etc.

1800 psi isn't very powerful, I would imagine most car washes use 2500-3000 psi. It is able to peel paint if you have a chip already and point the lance at an angle instead of straight on the paint though.

1800 psi isn't very powerful, I would imagine most car washes use 2500-3000 psi. It is able to peel paint if you have a chip already and point the lance at an angle instead of straight on the paint though.

More pressure gets dangerous, but this is one of three pieces in the equation. Add in distance and nozzle angle.

If you have. 3000psi, just stand further from the car, and/or use a wider tip and you're fine. I plan to get. 3k psi gas PW, and use it on house stuff.

I have a 1600psi electric pressure washer. As long as you are using the correct nozzle setting/attachment to spread the jet of water (fan-like pattern) instead of a concentrated stream, then you will be safe.
Still, you should always wash areas with chipped paint by hand instead.

Back