Power window passenger side

bigbaby

:
mazda, cx9
We have a 2009 cx9. The passenger window will only go up about three inches then just stop. I tried disconecting the battery to reset the auto window but that didnt work. I had to then removed the power window motor so I could manually pull the window up. I then reinstalled the motor but left it unplugged. Any ideas what could be the problem?

I had this problem twice, the window motor needs to be replaced, You can get a used one for few bucks and install it yourself most cars have the same motor so it doesn't have to be a mazda CX9 motor.

after replacing the motor don't forget to reset the auto close button back on by simply holding the window button up for few seconds.

I hope this helps

I had this problem twice, the window motor needs to be replaced, You can get a used one for few bucks and install it yourself most cars have the same motor so it doesn't have to be a mazda CX9 motor.

after replacing the motor don't forget to reset the auto close button back on by simply holding the window button up for few seconds.

I hope this helps

Im having a similar problem on My Protege 5 unfortunately today we had a really bad Icy rain storm and i open my door and went to open the window and the window fell down and wont go back up! I took the door panel off to look into it and i noticed the Window is still on Track but that spool of wire is totally off the track! So i think thats why my Window dropped because that wire was keeping it in place. the window motor still works but its jammed because the wire is off the spool track. Does anyone know what i should do? Remove it out and try and fix the spool wire or just replace it totally?

Back