Power locks working intermittently

Weborific

ok, i DID search the boards, but never found an actual solution to this. On occassion, all 4 power locks fail to operate. I have an after-market alarm. When I press my alarm remote to lock the doors, the horn sounds, but the doors don't lock. Yesterday, the locks didn't work at all for a few minutes. Even tried pressing the lock button on the driver door. Nothing. I guess this rules-out my aftermarket alarm. Last week, my car stalled while I was driving. It was dead due to my alternator. I got it replaced yesterday. It was driven about 20 km before I had the lock problem again. I read here that perhaps the battery doesn't have enough amps to actuate all 4 locks.... Anybody think that's the problem in this case? After a few minutes, the doors worked again. I will look under the dash for the controller box. I'm assuming the ground cable is what I should look for as it would be common to all 4 door locks. Should I open it and check the relays as well? Hard to tell if one gets stuck... Any help is appreciated! THANKS!

Just an update, the problem was my after-market alarm modeule. A relay inside was getting stuck. I replaced my unit. Works fine now.

Latest posts

Back