Potential CX9 owner here

Josephd05

Wondering about it's reliability. Who here has the most miles on their rig? Any major problems? I'm coming out of a 4runner lease, love teh truck but I need something more comfortable since I'm 6'4". I test drove the CX-9 and really loved the feel. In comparison with the MDX, it felt more refined believe it or not. Also, it's SOOO comfortable. It also has all the bells and whistles I'm use to, like Nav with camera and Bluetooth, cd changer, headed mirrors, etc.

Also, what about door dings? One thing that I really love about the 4runner is the cladding all the way around. It's looks great and protects against dings. WIth the CX9, it looks so susceptible to dings and rock chips, etc. I understand there is no dealer installed side molding yet?

Bought my vehicle in July 2007. I now have 15,000 miles on it and not one problem.. Did my oil change at 3750, 7500 and one due now...

It's all good!

No side moulding. I went and got those clear door edge protectors for when my kids open the door too wide in the garage.
I'm 6'4" also, and yes, there's a ton of legroom, and just room in general.
Watch the moonroof though. I only clear it by 3/4". But it doesn't feel like it's that close when you're driving.

I can't comment on the mileage as I just got mine 2 weeks ago.

Love it!!

13000 miles of fun people and stuff hauling. Can't drive it enough. No problems at all, other than the belt clip I broke with a fence post and the gas cap tether I twisted off. And Mazda replaced both of them.

Great car

Have 3100 miles on it. Not a single issue.
More people should know about CX-9. It is fun to drive.

Last edited:
I have seen very few CX-9s in my area. I kind of like it that way. :)

Good Vehicle

I'm also 6'4", but with a lot of that height in the body. ...also owned a 4Runner a while back (1990). The CX-9 needs more headroom, but that's a fact of life among every Japanese vehicle I have ever owned (Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Acura, now Mazda) I also don't like the seams in the seat bottoms and think the seats in general should be deeper/longer for us big Americans.

My major complaints after 2000+ miles are that the paint is thin/weak and the acceleration could be smoother out of 1st. Side door moldings are available aftermarket, and I may put them on myself after seeing the susceptability of the paint to nicks. No other maintenance issues so far.

FWIW, I came out of a BMW 740il into this vehicle, and of course, there's no comparison in ride and handling with a sport sedan. The reliability of the autobahn cruiser was piss poor (fantastic paint though), so it will be hard for the CX-9 to let me down.

Given the other choices in this segment, the CX-9 is tough to beat.

Last edited:
Back