Post your recent pictures!

Just finished a few month long project of fixing some issue on the KL and overhauling the engine bay.

Broke out the cutting wheels again to maximize clearance w/ the flares.

20150908_155959.jpg

20150908_212140.jpg

20150908_160026.jpg

20150908_212222.jpg

ohai!

20150908_203346.jpg

Nice work! Looks great too!

Thanks. It looks ok. I mean, it's a race car and a good 20-footer, but I learned a lot as I did the work, so some of it's a bit s***, and some of it is pretty decent lol. Learning by doing ftw / ftl, but it was my first time messing with fiberglass, and riv-nuts, and a bunch of other small things here and there. Knowing what I know now, I could knock a set on in an afternoon.

That said? It looks mean with them on. A lot better than just the wide open cut fenders to fit those 9" slicks.

Last edited:
Did you install the rivnuts before cutting the arches? Doing it the other way can be a little problematic. I ordered stainless rivnuts the first time and they were SO hard to compress into place that I just use aluminum ones now.

1. No, but everything was drilled and measured before cutting. Seemed to work fine. Some more detail here.

2. I wouldn't use stainless steel without the actual tool. SS work hardens, so it gets harder the more it deforms. I used zinc plated steel, which is softer than SS, but stronger than AL.

I like the look and you're right, you aren't entering a beauty contest!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back