Post your MP3 pics!

you guys realize, thats NOT an MP3? its the uber-rare (or hella-rare) Mazdaspeed Familia. only like 50 made and sold. (well, maybe not that few, but damn close) thats the car that supplies the ultra-rare FS Mazdaspeed exhaust cam. that was the car the MP3 SHOULD have been.

you guys realize, thats NOT an MP3? its the uber-rare (or hella-rare) Mazdaspeed Familia. only like 50 made and sold. (well, maybe not that few, but damn close) thats the car that supplies the ultra-rare FS Mazdaspeed exhaust cam. that was the car the MP3 SHOULD have been.

Huh.. I'll be damned, that is the MS Familia isn't it? So the wheels are stock, and I assume so are the headlights? That's the first time I've actually seen one on the forums so I assumed it was a MP3 with P5 lights and painted wheels.

And there was 209 or 210 of them produced if I recall correctly.

EDIT: Yep, 209 it was. And the headlights are stock as well (I still say he should paint them ;) )

From the FAQ:
What is a MazdaSpeed Familia?
The MazdaSpeed Familia (MSF) is essentially the Japanese version of the MP3. However, there are some
significant differences (ones which many in the export markets desire):

* Special FS-ZE engine with higher compression pistons (10.7:1), and more aggressive exhaust camshaft
* Specially tuned ECU
* 4-2-1 exhaust headers with MazdaSpeed Sport Sound Muffler
* 5hp more power over standard FS-ZE engine due to above mentioned parts
* lightened flywheel
* Fluid reversion restrictor valve on clutch master cylinder
* Sport20 headlights
* Gold colored Racing Hart wheels (same design as MP3's) with "Flying M" center caps
* Yellow "MAZDASPEED" sticker on left fender
* Larger European-spec brakes (274mm front, 280mm rear) with larger brake booster unit and ABS
* Tweeter speakers mounted by side mirrors
* Fold-flat front seats
* Aluminum foot rest/dead pedal
* Automatic climate control
* Power folding mirrors
* Integrated radio antenna in rear window glass
* Lack of "Racing Beat" sticker on rear sway bar

There were only 209 units produced. 100 units were available from May 24, 2001 as originally planned.
However, since there was high demand for this car, another run of 109 units were made in September 2001.
The high popularity of such a rare vehicle prompted Mazda to market the Sport20 sedan later that year as
regular model (without all the upgrades/additions the MSF had, but basically the same equipment as the
S-Wagon Sport20 of course). In addition, the MSF is the only FWD BJ Familia with the FS-ZE engine that
has a manual transmission. The Sport20 sedan only came with the Activematic transmission (4WD was not
available with the Sport20 sedan). The FWD S-Wagon Sport20 also only came with the Activematic trans-
mission. Manual transmission was only available in the 4WD S-Wagon Sport20. Due to this phenomenon,
the MSF is quite possibly the fastest BJ Familia in Japan (the MazdaSpeed Proteg is disputedly faster)
even with its added weight (due to the stereo system).

like i said, the UBER-rare familia. i remember looking at that right before i starting shopping for my car, HOPING the us would get something close. then mazda dropped the MP3, and i was a little disappointed. i still like the MP3, but not as much as that car.

fs-ze

Krayzie fox if the fs-ze was in a regular high volume production car sport 20 why cant i find a fs-ze at any of the importers for jdm engines. It is almost like an urban legend people say it exhists and someone always knows some friend of a friend who has done the swap but cant find one i have spent countless hours searching to no avail if any one knows were to get one let me know please. HP is the one thing missing from the mp3 and people always want to race and all i can think is s*** i wish i was in my rx7 right now so i could break them off lol.

Krayzie fox if the fs-ze was in a regular high volume production car sport 20 why cant i find a fs-ze at any of the importers for jdm engines. It is almost like an urban legend people say it exhists and someone always knows some friend of a friend who has done the swap but cant find one i have spent countless hours searching to no avail if any one knows were to get one let me know please. HP is the one thing missing from the mp3 and people always want to race and all i can think is s*** i wish i was in my rx7 right now so i could break them off lol.

it's only a ~30-40hp gain. Just boost it. Wayyy cheaper and better gains.

because the sport20 was NOT a high volume production car. it was a lower volume JDM only (and autralia for 02-03) production car. and as mentioned, the FS-ZE wont give you huge gains over the USDM FS-DE. you can get better gains from a turbo installation, which will cost about the same.

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

Huh.. I'll be damned, that is the MS Familia isn't it? So the wheels are stock, and I assume so are the headlights? That's the first time I've actually seen one on the forums so I assumed it was a MP3 with P5 lights and painted wheels.

And there was 209 or 210 of them produced if I recall correctly.

EDIT: Yep, 209 it was. And the headlights are stock as well (I still say he should paint them ;) )

From the FAQ:
What is a MazdaSpeed Familia?
The MazdaSpeed Familia (MSF) is essentially the Japanese version of the MP3. However, there are some
significant differences (ones which many in the export markets desire):

* Special FS-ZE engine with higher compression pistons (10.7:1), and more aggressive exhaust camshaft
* Specially tuned ECU
* 4-2-1 exhaust headers with MazdaSpeed Sport Sound Muffler
* 5hp more power over standard FS-ZE engine due to above mentioned parts
* lightened flywheel
* Fluid reversion restrictor valve on clutch master cylinder
* Sport20 headlights
* Gold colored Racing Hart wheels (same design as MP3's) with "Flying M" center caps
* Yellow "MAZDASPEED" sticker on left fender
* Larger European-spec brakes (274mm front, 280mm rear) with larger brake booster unit and ABS
* Tweeter speakers mounted by side mirrors
* Fold-flat front seats
* Aluminum foot rest/dead pedal
* Automatic climate control
* Power folding mirrors
* Integrated radio antenna in rear window glass
* Lack of "Racing Beat" sticker on rear sway bar

There were only 209 units produced. 100 units were available from May 24, 2001 as originally planned.
However, since there was high demand for this car, another run of 109 units were made in September 2001.
The high popularity of such a rare vehicle prompted Mazda to market the Sport20 sedan later that year as
regular model (without all the upgrades/additions the MSF had, but basically the same equipment as the
S-Wagon Sport20 of course). In addition, the MSF is the only FWD BJ Familia with the FS-ZE engine that
has a manual transmission. The Sport20 sedan only came with the Activematic transmission (4WD was not
available with the Sport20 sedan). The FWD S-Wagon Sport20 also only came with the Activematic trans-
mission. Manual transmission was only available in the 4WD S-Wagon Sport20. Due to this phenomenon,
the MSF is quite possibly the fastest BJ Familia in Japan (the MazdaSpeed Proteg is disputedly faster)
even with its added weight (due to the stereo system).

painted my head lights: IMG00298-20100619-1812.jpg

IMG00303-20100620-1350.jpg

Fresh from the paint shop. Everything was done except for the roof cap, wouldn't fit. I'm a bit pissed off but mostly depressed about that. I waited so long to save the money and acquire my parts only to receive a car 90% complete. But it looks great anyway.

Attachments

• exterior body kit_paint 003.jpg
    exterior body kit_paint 003.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 432
  • exterior body kit_paint 004.jpg
    exterior body kit_paint 004.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 348
  • exterior body kit_paint 005.jpg
    exterior body kit_paint 005.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 334
  • exterior body kit_paint 006.jpg
    exterior body kit_paint 006.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 309
  • exterior body kit_paint 007.jpg
    exterior body kit_paint 007.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Here's a few more. Close up's of some of the work and a list of what was performed; two tone DG front lip, two tone BC2 rear bumper, paint and smoke tails (I modified the tail light housing so my "brake" light is in the bottom now), smoked fender lights, two tone and reclear Vis evo hood, BC2 sideskirts, new OEM RR quarter panel, paint entire car. I need to take it back to have them adjust the sideskirts and rear bumper a little, buff a few spots and buff the deck lid. After that, I'll reinstall the spoiler (w/ smoked 3rd brake light).

Attachments

• exterior body kit_paint 010.jpg
    exterior body kit_paint 010.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 326
  • exterior body kit_paint 009.jpg
    exterior body kit_paint 009.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 343
  • exterior body kit_paint 011.jpg
    exterior body kit_paint 011.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 326
@Zoomin- Car looks sick! How did you mount your DG lip?

Work was done by the paint shop. Looks like they use black plastic rivets and double sided tape. One rivet in each corner of the lower grille and one or two in each wheel well.

Fresh from the paint shop. Everything was done except for the roof cap, wouldn't fit. I'm a bit pissed off but mostly depressed about that. I waited so long to save the money and acquire my parts only to receive a car 90% complete. But it looks great anyway.

Wheel spacers to push your wheels a bit more flush would seal the deal. ;)

Latest posts

Back