2005 Toyota Prius

1970's Thumb,
1980's Bike
1990's Bus
2000's Bus Pass
2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring!
2012 Gas hits $4.50/gallon,... Bus.
(-;

jabba, when I was in highschool/college, the S4 made me foam from the mouth. However I heard it was very maintenance heavy indeed.
I went to a VW meet and this one dude did a 4 wheel burn out in his S4, I thought that was the coolest thing.

It's funny that, back in 2001 when I got the car, the stock 250 HP was considered to be enormous, but the twin turbos did put out a lot of torque. I hear that people now put turbos that will get the car near 600 HP, though I'm sure you need to spruce up the internals. But the car had a nasty habit of leaking fluids (oil pan, turbo coolant pump, radiator overflow...you name it) and would eat through tie rods and control arms.

My little Mazdaspeed 3 had been much more reliable, and with about 260 HP, it might be faster than my old S4!

1960 Ford Falcon
1965 Dodge Dart
1966 Ford Mustang 289
1969 Chevy Malibu
1977 VW Rabbit
1974 BMW 2002
1973 Olds Custom Cruiser
1985 Nissan Maxima
1989 Nissan Pathfinder
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1994 Nissan Pathfinder
1995 Ford Windstar
1998 Subaru Outback
1999 Mercedes ML320
2010 Mazda CX9 GT

Best were the Mustang, Rabbit, Maxima, Pathfinder #1 (not #2), ML320 (but $$$ for upkeep) and the CX9 (flawless after 29000miles with nothing but oil changes).

Worst were the Falcon (!), Malibu, Grand Cherokee and Windstar.

1973 Ford Galaxie 500 - got stolen (Everybody wanted to buy this car)
1972 Chevy Impala- Went through 3 trannys
1984 Ford Tempo - Reliable until relative crashed it so they had to buy it.
1990 Pontiac Gran Prix LE - Bought new and car decided to stop working after 5 yrs and only 47k miles. Gm never again.
1984 Olds Cutlass Supreme- Also got stolen after owning it for only 4 months.
1983 Ford Crown Victoria - Very reliable but gas prices made it hard to keep.
1996 Ford Thunderbird V6 - Nice car owned for 12 yrs got totaled in accident.
1984 Nissan Maxima- Got for 500 bucks very reliable car unfortunately started to rust
1995 Chrysler Cirrus - Lived up to the chrysler reputation as being an unreliable brand.
1996 Ford Windstar - Bought new and still have first and most reliable minivan i have had.
2007 Mazda CX-9 Bought new and aside from the stress crack on the mirror and the ignition coil has been trouble free. Hope it stays that way as i keep my cars for a long time.

First car, 1973 VW super beetle Convertible, red/black not my actual car, (not my actual car, pic stolen from the net but looks close), handed down from my mom, Totally rusted out
11u7qiv.jpg

1958 VW beetle (not my actual car, pic stolen from the net), orange/brown, picked this car up from a junkyard and totally rebuilt it t a Cal Look bug
avj3px.jpg

1973 Toyota Hilux SR5, green/black (not my actual car, pic stolen from the net) I rebuilt/repainted/lowered & cut the roof off trying to capture some So Cal style in New Mexico. Great drive in car.
qowvn5.jpg

1978 Saab 99 Turbo black, black/red (not my actual car, pic stolen from the net) Fun car that left me stranded in Las Vegas, New Mexico when 10cent cotter pin grenade the motor. 
1pjuyq.jpg

1983 VW GTI black/red (not my actual car, pic stolen from the net, but looks close) Another fun college car, that I love to have again (along with some other college entertainment  ).
qpi4oj.jpg

1973 Land Rover Series III, lt Green/black (again not my actual car, pic stolen from the ne but mine was its twin) Bought this in Corralles NM from a scientist who wanted to explore the desert, but quickly found that a Honda Accord could get him everywhere he needed to go and with good A/C.
2r7ycdf.jpg

1987 Yamaha FJ1100 silver/black/red, Had one like this that I toured coast to coast carrying all my camping gear onboard. (not my actual bike, pic stolen from the net),
2ewm9i0.jpg

1961 VW Karmann Ghia Convertible, red/white definitely not a picture of my car. Mine was again totally rusted out, but it was what I could afford at the time, and actually fun to bomb around New Mexico in.
2s6v9j4.jpg

1986 Toyota pickup SR5, blue/blue Again not mine. This was a great truck that I bought as a theft recovery, originally belonged to my father and was stolen and stripped. I rebuilt and drove it for years in LA, eventually gave to my younger cousin. Had about 250k miles last I heard.
2cws6l5.jpg

1987 BMW 325is, red/black, photo not mine. This was my First experience w/ a used Canadian car, and despite its relatively young age at the time and low miles, the car was rusting from top to bottom, but still fun to drive around LA.
10hreip.jpg

1992 Toyota Pickup SR5, blue/blue, Inherited from my father, better equipped than my previous Toyota trucks but not as builtproof as the 87
2a6qmfa.jpg

1973 Triumph TR6 Green/tan, Not a pic of mine, but looks close. I inherited from my father, but never had the opportunity to get in back on the road, as a budding family and career left me with no time to tinker. I have fond memories of riding along with my dad around Santa Cruz and Solvang in the little car and every now and then can recapture the feeling with my son in my current toy.
2rhy9u0.jpg

1997 BMW 318ti Wifes oldie, white/sand Finally a pic of one of our actual cars. My wifes first commuter car, served her well driving between LA and Long Beach and then retired to serve as a winter vacation driver down in FL. Sold last year.
1grddl.jpg

1998 Volvo V70 GLT, first family car, silver/black, We bought this the week our daughter was born. Great car that followed us from CAlifornia to CAnada. Sold it when it became too costly to service.
15kcoh.jpg

1997 Boxster, Silver/green Great fun second car. Bought it when our son arrived and figured if I didnt get something fun to drive soon the door on toy cars would soon close.
29456ie.jpg

2007 Mazda CX9, second Family Car, white/black, replaced the Volvo. So far has been pretty reliable so far and thanks to this board have been able to muddle my way through a few DIY repairs.
dbsi10.jpg

1972 Chevy Vega--had the touchiest clutch, and rusted floorboards. When it rained, my feet got wet.
1967 Mustang--I miss that car.
Then 3 Toyota pickups spanning over 20 years--bullet proof. I was a courier a long time ago, and got over 400K miles from one and sold it for $1000.
I'm going to pull the trigger this year and get a CX-9. I'm looking forward to getting away from trucks.

Back