Post pics of your Mazda5

the front looks LOW! did you measure your ride height before the installation? (fender to wheel center) looks like it might be a 2" drop in the front. if the rear drops that much, i'd be afraid of rubbing.

I think the fronts are only that low because I didn't drop the rear yet. It used to be a bit more than a 3 finger gap now it's less than a 1 finger gap, but I expect it to go back up to a bit more than a 1 finger gap. No rubbing except when I'm doing hard turns, hard as in past a turn and a quarter of the steering wheel.

And yes those are INNO bumps. I just leave those there for quick roof rack re-installation.

Thanks all. :)

We can trade for awhile. :D You got 9.5" wide wheels in your Speed6! (eek2) Did you have to roll and pull the heck out of those fenders??

Dkaz that drop looks even lower than mine. If you're using H&R for a 3 then you probably need to use some spring boosters. I got 4 on each spring. Nice looks good on the RX8 wheels.

Last edited:
We can trade for awhile. :D You got 9.5" wide wheels in your Speed6! (eek2) Did you have to roll and pull the heck out of those fenders??

and yours is 5 speed too (what I always wanted).......lol I just had to roll the rear fenders (no pulling at all)...after that no rubbing at all....its great...I do have a stretched tires on it though ( 225/35 ) I believe I am going to 235/35 once the ones on now wear out

Dkaz that dop looks even lower than mine. If you're using H&R for a 3 then you probably need to use some spring boosters. I got 4 on each spring. Nice looks good on the RX8 wheels.

you have 4 spring boosters on each spring? would that overly lift the vehicle? or was that a typo, and you meant that you have 4 spring boosters, 1 for each spring?

Yes 4 per tire. I'm using the block type not the round thing. Like this...

booster.jpg

Jxxc8-fwZYc

Last edited:
DONE! I'm happy to say that I won't be needing any spacers since the H&R Sport Springs in the end gave me 2" drop front and rear, where they are rated 1.2" and 1.3" on the Mazda 3. PERFECT DROP!!! Love it!

DSC04526.JPG

DSC04518.JPG

One of my upcoming mods is definitely a rear skirt lip.
DSC04509.JPG

DSC04534.JPG

looks great!

are your springs the "mazda3" H&R sports, or are they the "mazda5" H&R sports?

Mazda 3 springs. Ended up getting an equal ~2" drop front and back.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Thanks Kid5. My stance is still a long ways from yours!

BP, yes I am. My rears are blown anyway so I just have to order KYBs for those. My fronts, I will replace them when they go. No big deal.

Thanks Kid5. My stance is still a long ways from yours!

BP, yes I am. My rears are blown anyway so I just have to order KYBs for those. My fronts, I will replace them when they go. No big deal.

Are you saying you put drop springs on blown struts? Seems like a lot of effort knowing you will have to do the job again.

The fronts are still good but like any wear item can go at anytime. No biggie. The rear shocks and springs are independant of each other so it doesn't matter there.

Wow really? I need to get this thing up on a lift one day. I had no idea the shocks and springs were separate units, I've never had a car with that setup before. All the vehicles I've been around/owned had struts on all 4 corners.

Back