Poll: Do you run TPMS on your other rims/wheels

Do you run TPMS on your aftermarket rims/wheels?

• Yes

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters

BurnoutX

:
08 Mazda 3
So I am kinda curious whether or not you guys run your aftermarket wheels or alternate wheels with the TPMS?

Just curious(yes)

I paid $30 for them to transfer mine over when I got my rims, and I think it is warranted because I like seeing as few lights on my dash as possible.

i voted yes AND no. On my winters, I didn't get the TPMS modules. On my RX8 wheels, I will be using the TPMS modules.

purchased a used set off a Mazda 3 from Ebay -- $105 shipped. I've been running them on my 2nd set of stock rims and my winter tires with no problems for 1500+ miles.

While we are on the subject of TPMS, Do you think that getting an aftermarket TPMS would be worth it? Ircc they run aroudn 300ish.

now why in the world would you want an aftermarket TPMS, what more do they do, tire pressure and tire temp maybe? I could see the use for SCCA if they told you temp. just so you know im not flaming, im honestly curious

now why in the world would you want an aftermarket TPMS, what more do they do, tire pressure and tire temp maybe? I could see the use for SCCA if they told you temp. just so you know im not flaming, im honestly curious

Same reason why you would want them on a factory car. I was thinking of getting a set for the gf's car... She cant seem to realize when she is low on air on her 6i tell its almost completely flat. I tried those little cap things but she never looks at them and they have been stolen twice. lol Who would want to steal those things? (uhm)

Edit: Their are times when I dont see her but maybe once a week so its more really for her safety as well as tire wear.

Last edited:
No. I run my stock 18's in the summer, but do not feel it's worth it or needed to add TPMS to my winter wheels. The placement of the light is not at all distracting. Barely noticeable really.

Didn't bother to pony up for the sensors when I got my winter tires & steelies but the weird thing is, it's been almost 2 months and the TPMS light has NEVER come on, not even once!

Back